Sreerampur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||27. Sreerampur|
|Electorate (year)||206,868 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 186 Sreerampur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Ward Nos. 3 to 19 and 25 of Serampore municipality, Rishra municipality, Rajyadharpur and Rishra gram panchayats of Sreerampur-Uttarpara community development block.
In the 2011 election, Dr. Sudipto Roy of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Partha Sarathi Rej of CPI.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Sreerampur |
|Trinamool Congress||Dr. Sudipto Roy||97,540||63.83||-0.90#|
|CPI||Partha Sarathi Rej||45,849||30.00||1.65|
|Trinamool Congress hold||Swing||0.75#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006. Intervening by election not taken into account because of lack of data.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||12|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 1, constituencies abolished – 2
In the 2009 by elections consequent to the election of Dr. Ratna De (Nag) to Parliament from Hooghly (Lok Sabha constituency), Dr. Sudipta Roy of Trinamool Congress won the 180 Serampore assembly seat.
In the state assembly elections, contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Dr. Ratna De (Nag) defeated Dhirendra Nath Dasgupta of CPI in 2006 and Kesto Mukherjee, Independent, in 2001. Jyoti Chowdhury of Congress defeated Asimes Goswami of CPI(M) in 1996. Arun Kumar Goswami of Congress defeated Sanjay Deb Banerjee of Janata Dal in 1991, Ajit Bag of CPI(M) in 1987, and Kamal Krishna Bhattacharjee of CPI(M) in 1982. Kamal Krishna Bhattacharjee of CPI(M) defeated Gopal Das Nag of Congress in 1977. 
Gopal Das Nag of Congress won in 1972 and 1971. Panchu Gopal Bhaduri of CPI won in 1969. Gopal Das Nag of Congress won in 1967. Panchu Gopal Bhaduri of CPI won in 1962 and 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951 Jitendra Nath Lahiri of Congress won the Serampore seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Sreerampur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Sreerampur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Sreerampur. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-01.
- "Results of bye – elections to the 31 (thirty one) Assembly Constituencies and 1(one) Lok Sabha Constituency". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "180 - Serampore Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Statistical Reports of Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-12-01.