Sri Lankan order of precedence
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2010)|
Orders of precedence
- The President
- The Prime Minister
- The Speaker of the Parliament
- Governor of the Province (within their respective province)
- Government Ministers
- Cabinet Ministers
- Non-cabinet Ministers
- Deputy Ministers
- Former Presidents
- The Chief Justice
- Chief Minister (within their respective province)
- Ambassadors and High Commissioners according to date of presentation of Letters of Credence or of assumption of duty, and Foreign Ministers and Envoys.
- The Leader of the Opposition in the Parliament of Sri Lanka.
- Members of the Parliament of Sri Lanka. There is no established order of precedence over members of parliament in general, although each party has its internal ranking.
- Judges of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka.
- The Cabinet Secretaries of Ministries.
- Attorney General
- The Chief of Defence Staff
- Commanders of the Armed Forces, Police, the Solicitor-General and Heads of Government Departments