Srikant Kumar Jena
|Srikant Kumar Jena|
|Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Chemicals & Fertilizers & Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation|
18 June 1950 |
Jajpur, Orissa, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Spouse(s)||Smt. Subrata Jena|
|Children||one son, one daughter|
|As of 15 January, 2012
Srikant Kumar Jena (born 18 June 1950), is an Indian politician hailing from Ratnagiri, Distt. Jajpur, Orissa. He is currently the Minister of State(Independent charge) in the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Statistics & Programme Implementation  He represents the Balasore parliamentary constituency in the 15th Lok Sabha.
He had been elected as MLA in Orissa Legislative Assembly, three times between 1977 to 1989. In 1979-80, he held the post of Minister of State, Industry and Urban Development, Govt. of Orissa. He got elected to Lok Sabha for the first time in 1989 and then subsequently three more times to 10th Lok Sabha, 11th Lok Sabha and 15th Lok Sabha in 1991, 1996 and 2001 respectively. Before joining Indian National Congress, he was party member of Janata Dal.
He did his B.A. from at Kendrapara College, Utkal University, Cuttack, Orissa.
- Balasore (Lok Sabha constituency)
- Indian general election in Orissa, 2009
- Indian National Congress
- Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee
- Statement of Srikant Kumar Jena on IIP Data
- Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation Releases IIP Data for November 2011
- http://www.internationalnewsandviews.com/tag/shri-srikant-kumar-jena/ Srikant Jena Presents Annual AMAI Awards]
- Lok Sabha MP Profile Retrieved on 15 January 2012
|This article about a Odishar politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|