|Srisailam or Shrishailam.
|Elevation||409 m (1,342 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Srisailam or Shrishailam (Telugu: శ్రీశైలం) is situated in Nallamala Hills of kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is on the banks of River Krishna, about 212 km south of Hyderabad and 179 km from Kurnool Town.
Srisailam is located at  It has an average elevation of 409 meters (1345 ft)..
Bhramaramba Mallikarjuna Temple
Tradition, literature as well as epigraphical sources state that the sacred hill of Srisailam has four gateways in the four cardinal directions namely,
- Tripurantakam is in Prakasam District in the east where God Tripurantakeshwara Swamy and Goddess Tripurasundari Devi are presiding deities.
- Siddhavatam is located on the bank of the river Penna in Kadapa District in the south where Jyothisideswara Swamy and Goddess Kamakshi Devi are the presiding deities.
- Alampur is on the bank of the river Tungabhadra in Mahaboobnagar District in the west where Navabrahma Alayas, a group of nine temples of the Chalukya period, are. This Kshetram is also the seat of Goddess Jogulamba, one of the eighteen Mahasakthis.
- Umamaheshwaram is located in Rangapur, Achampeta Mandal, Mahaboobnagar District in the North where God Umamaheswara Swamy and Goddess Umamaheswari Devi are the presiding deities.
Besides the main gateways, there are four Secondary Gateways in the four corner directions:
- Eleshwaram: Located in Mahaboobnagar District now submerged in the Nagarjuna Sagar Dam in the northeast with Eleswara Swamy and Katyani as presiding deities.
- Somashila: Located on the bank of the river Penna in the southeast with Skanda Someswara as the presiding deity.
- Pushpagiri: Located in Kadapa District in the southwest with Santhana Malleswara as presiding deity.
- Sangameswaram: Located at the confluence of the River Krishna and Tungabhadra in Kurnool District in the northwest and submerged at Srisailam Dam with Sangameswara as presiding deity. This temple has been re-built at Alampur.
http://www.kalagnani.com An Official website Sri Pothuluru Veerabrahmendra Swami, Kandimallayapalle, Kadapa Dist.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Srisailam.|
- Srisaila Mallanna Darsanam,Travel Information
- Srisailam map
- Hyderabad Srisailam travel map
- Srisaila Devasthanam
- The 12 Jyothirlingams
- Srisailam and Akkamahadevi Caves Tri