Shrivastava also spelled Srivastava is a common surname in Northern India, notably among Kayasthas. Though recent times have seen some other communities also using this surname. Spelling variations include Shreevastava, Shrivastav, Shrivastava, Srivastav, Srivastava, Sriwastaw and Srivastwa.
Notable people with this name
Notable people named Shrivastava (or its variations) include:
- Aadesh Shrivastava (born 1966), Indian music director
- Aanjjan Srivastav (born 1948), Indian film, television and stage dancer/actor
- Aditya Shrivastava (born 1968), Indian actor
- Ambarish Srivastava, Indian architectural engineer and poet
- Anand & Milind Shrivastav, Indian Music Directors
- Ashirbadi Lal Srivastava, Indian historian
- Chandrika Prasad Srivastava (1920–2013), Indian diplomat
- Chitragupta Shrivastava, Indian Music Director
- Dheer Charan Srivastav (born 1967), Indian actor
- Hari Om Srivastava (born 1947), Indian broadcast engineer
- Hari Shankar Srivastava (born 1922), Indian historian
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (1918–2008, recorded by Allahabad University as "M.C. Shrivastava"), introduced Transcendental Meditation
- Mansi Shrivastav (born 1990), Indian TV actress
- Nirmala Srivastava (1923–2011), founder of Sahaja Yoga
- Rajendra Srivastava, Indian academic
- Raju Srivastav (born 1963), Indian comedian
- Sanjeev Srivastava, Indian journalist
- Notable Shrivastavas who changed their name
The following or their ancestors were born Shrivastava but changed their surname to their title:
- Munshi Premchand (1880–1936, born Dhanpat Rai Srivastava), Indian writer
- Lal Bahadur Shastri (1904–1966, born Lal Bahadur Srivastava), 2nd Prime Minister of Independent India
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan (1907–2003, born Harivanshrai Shrivastav), Indian poet
- Harivansh's son Amitabh Bachchan (born 1942), Indian actor
- Jayaprakash Narayan (1902-1979, born son of Harsu Dayal Srivastava), Indian independence activist, social reformer and political leader.
- Parichay Das [ born 1964 ] , Pioneer Indian writer, editor , thinker, singer, actor . Writes in Bhojpuri, Maithili, Hindi . Was editor, ' Parichhan ' [ bhojpuri-maithili magazine ] , ' Indra prastha Bharti ' [ Hindi Magazine ]
|This page or section lists people with the surname Shrivastava. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
- Lucy Carroll (1977). "Caste, Community and Caste(s) Association: A Note on the Organization of the Kayastha Conference and the Definition of a Kayastha Community". Contributions to Asian studies, Volume 10. Brill Archive. p. 3. ISBN 978-90-04-04926-0.
- S. S. Shashi, ed. (1996). Encyclopaedia Indica: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh: Volume 100. Anmol. p. 117. ISBN 978-81-7041-859-7.