|United Nations Spokesperson|
19 February, 2014
Stéphane Dujarric de la Rivière better known as Stéphane Dujarric is the Spokesperson for the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. He was appointed to this position on 19 February 2014.  Dujarric had previously served as Spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan from 2005 to 2006and then Deputy Communications Director for Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon from 2006 to 2007.
Prior to his current appointment, Dujarric was Director of News and Media for the United Nations' Department of Public Information, a position that he has held since March 2011. In this role, he oversees the UN’s television, radio and photo operations. He coordinates the work of the main United Nations news sites, operating in eight languages. His Division is also responsible for media liaison and accreditation, providing logistical support and information to the international press corps, as well as coverage of official United Nations meetings, producing written coverage for the media, delegations and the general public, such as press releases, meetings summaries and dissemination of official statements and remarks.
Prior to this assignment, Dujarric was Director of Communications for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Dujarric was named Chief Spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan in 2005, after joining the United Nations in 2000 as an Associate Spokesman. During his time as Spokesman, he conducted daily briefings for the UN press corps and faced questions on a number of crises, notably the Oil-for-Food scandal and the Israel-Lebanon conflict. Following Annan’s departure, Dujarric worked as Deputy Communications Director for Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
Prior to joining the United Nations, Dujarric worked for ABC News television for close to ten years in various capacities in the network’s New York, London and Paris news bureaux. He traveled extensively on assignment to cover major stories throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Born in France, Dujarric, has been living in the United States for the most part of the last 30 years. He is a graduate of Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service.
- "UN chief announces that Stephane Dujarric will replace UN spokesman Martin Nesirky". The Province. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "Secretary-General appoints Stéphane Dujarric as Spokesman". UN News Centre. 2005-06-20. Retrieved 2005-06-20.
- "Department of Public Information". Un.org. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Briefing by UNDP Director of Communications". Content.undp.org. 2009-04-14. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "United Nations News Centre - Secretary-General appoints Stéphane Dujarric as Spokesman". Un.org. 2005-06-20. Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Home - School of Foreign Service". Sfs.georgetown.edu. Retrieved 2013-10-08.