||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2012)|
|Genres||French House, downtempo, electro house, lounge music, hip house|
|Labels||Pschent Music, Wagram Music|
His first job was as a waiter at the courtyard café of Hôtel Costes in Paris' Les Halles district, but his DJ debut occurred when he was 18, at such Bordeaux discothèques as Ubu, The Colony, and The Dream.
After finishing his studies and national service, Pompougnac spent six months in London before returning to Paris in 1992. In Paris he mixed at such discothèques as Queen, Folies Pigalle, The Locomotive, Diable des Lombards, and Privilège. One year later, he became the resident DJ at Les Bains et Douche, where he met Claude Challe. Reportedly, in 1997 Albert de Paname introduced Pompougnac to Jean-Louis Costes, co-owner of Hôtel Costes, where Pompougnac had worked as a waiter some ten years prior. This time, Costes hired Pompougnac to be the hotel's resident DJ. In 1999, Pompougnac published his first studio mix, Costes: France et Choiseul.
Pompougnac's second studio mix, Costes: La Suite outsold his previous release. After the mix's third track, "Sympatique" by Pink Martini, was used for an auto advertisement in France, Costes: La Suite sold more than 100,000 copies. Although Pompougnac published first two albums in France via Barclay Universal, his mounting success led to a contract with MSI, who published his third studio mix, Etage 3 (October 2000). His first three mixes collectively sold nearly half a million copies.
- Living on the Edge (2003)
- Hello Mademoiselle (2007)
- Night & Day (2011)
Hôtel Costes series
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 1: Café Costes (1999)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 2: La suite (1999)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 3: Étage 3 (2000)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 4: Quatre (2001)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 5: Cinq (2002)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 6 (2003)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 7: Sept (2004)
- Hôtel Costes, Best of Costes (2005)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 8 (2005)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 9 (2006)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 10 (2007)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 11 (2008)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 12 (2009)
- Hôtel Costes, A Decade: 1999–2009 (2009)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 14 (2010)
- Hôtel Costes, Vol. 15 (2011)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (2002), mixed for Saks Fifth Avenue
- The Concorde Lounge: Supersonic Jet Set Love (2003), mixed for Japanese magazine Casa Brutus
- Sparkling Moments: Tokyo/Paris (2005), mixed for Perrier
- STARFLYER (2007), mixed for StarFlyer
- JEWEL (2008), mixed for Ayumi Hamasaki's remix album "ayu-mi-x 6 -SILVER-"