25 April 1971 |
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Highest ranking||No. 96 (10 July 2000)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||2R (1999)|
|French Open||2R (1993, 1999)|
|Wimbledon||2R (2000, 2001)|
|US Open||1R (1999, 2000)|
|Highest ranking||No. 292 (5 February 1996)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|French Open||2R (1994, 2000)|
Stéphane Huet (born 25 April 1971) is a former professional tennis player from France.
Huet appeared in a total of 16 Major tournaments during his career. When he made his Grand Slam tournament debut in the 1993 French Open, as a qualifier, he was ranked 297 in the world and had just one tour match to his name. Despite this, in the opening round he managed to defeat seventh-seed Ivan Lendl in four sets. It was the first time since 1978 that Lendl, a three-time French Open winner, had exited the tournament without registering a win. In 1999, Huet made the second round of two Majors, the Australian Open, where he beat Arnaud Di Pasquale and the French Open, where he defeated Hendrik Dreekmann, before losing a five set match to eventual finalist Todd Martin, in a final set tie-break. The Frenchman reached the second round on two further occasions, the 2000 Wimbledon Championships, when he defeated Mahesh Bhupathi, and at the same event a year later, when he had a victory against Markus Hipfl. He also played men's doubles twice and mixed doubles at four Major tournaments.
|No.||Year||Tournament||Surface||Opponent in the final||Score in the final|
|1.||1999||Budapest, Hungary||Clay||Werner Eschauer||6–3, 7–5|
|2.||1999||Hong Kong||Hard||Gouichi Motomura||6–4, 4–6, 6–1|
- Stéphane Huet : "Il n'y a pas de limites" 23 September 2010.
- New York Times, "Tennis; Qualifier Stuns Lendl In Paris", 26 May 1993, Robin Finn.
- ITF Tennis Profile
- ATP World Tour Profile
- Irena Pavlovic - Players | WTA Tennis "Irena Pavlovic Biography. Coached by Stéphane Huet"
- ITF Tennis - Pro Circuit - Player Profile - SARRAZIN, Laetitia (FRA) "Coach Name:Stéphane Huet, Hugo Lecoq ..."
- ITF Tennis - Pro Circuit - Player Profile - ARCANGIOLI, Manon (FRA) "Coach Name:Hugo LECOQ, Stéphane HUET"