St. Albans Township, Licking County, Ohio
|St. Albans Township, Ohio|
Location of St. Albans Township in Licking County
|• Total||26.7 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Land||26.7 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,050 ft (320 m)|
|• Density||77.2/sq mi (29.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086478|
St. Albans Township is one of the twenty-five townships of Licking County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,060 people in the township, 1,975 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Liberty Township - north
- McKean Township - northeast corner
- Granville Township - east
- Union Township - southeast corner
- Harrison Township - south
- Pataskala - southwest corner
- Jersey Township - west
- Monroe Township - northwest corner
The village of Alexandria is located in central St. Albans Township.
Name and history
It is the only St. Albans Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.