St. Ann's Academy (Kamloops)
|St. Ann's Academy|
|205 Columbia Street
Kamloops, British Columbia, V2C 2S7
|Founded||1880, present school built 1910|
|Superintendent||Ms. Kelly Tries|
|Principal||Mr. Shawn Chisholm|
|Vice Principals||Mrs. Joanne Leggett (Elementary)
Mr. Byron Green (Secondary)
The school is co-educational, offering academic, fine arts, and business programs, as well as athletic, performing arts, and other extracurricular programs, for students from grades K to 12.
St. Ann's Academy remained a high school until 1970, unable to keep up with the changing demands of B.C.'s curriculum, it reverted to an elementary school. The Sisters continued to administer the school until 1978. Although the Sisters of St. Ann's, from the city of Victoria's St. Ann's Academy founded the school, they no longer teach there.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help – Kamloops
- BMasterTempt School for the Gifted - Falkland
- St. Ann’s Academy (Pre-school to Grade 12) – Kamloops
- Saint Ann's Elementary School – Quesnel
- Saint James Elementary & Middle school – Vernon
- Sacred Heart Catholic School – Williams Lake
Independent school status
St. Ann's Academy is classified as a Group 1 school under British Columbia's Independent School Act. It receives 50% funding from the Ministry of Education. The school receives no funding for capital costs. It is under charge of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops.
In 2012-2013, St. Ann's Academy Elementary is ranked 1st of 982 elementary schools, in the province of British Columbia, by the Fraser Institute. St. Ann's Academy Secondary is ranked 78th of 293 high schools, in the province of British Columbia, by the Fraser Institute.
St. Ann's is an associated member of BC school sports. It competes, under the name 'Crusaders', in the following sports:
- Track & Field
- Speed Swimming
- Flag Football
- Ping Pong
|Performing Arts||Visual Arts||Trades|
|Rising Stars Elementary Choir||Photography||Sewing|
|High School Choir||Painting||Foods/Cooking|
|Jazz Choir (Grades 10-12)||Sculpture||Computer Programming|
|Junior Band||Year Book||Wood Working|
|Senior Band (High School)|
- St. Ann's Academy (Victoria, British Columbia) – founding school and convent of the Sisters of St. Ann's.
- Catholic Independent Schools of Kamloops Diocese school board
- History of St. Ann's. Stannsacademy.bc.ca. Retrieved on 2012-05-05.
- Independent Schools Overview. (PDF) bced.gov.bc.ca. Retrieved on 2012-05-05.
- http://britishcolumbia.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/St_Ann's_Academy/Kamloops/Report_Card.aspx Fraser Institute report on St. Ann's]. Fraserinstitute.org. Retrieved on 2014-05-05.
- Fraser Institute report on St. Ann's. Fraserinstitute.org. Retrieved on 2014-05-05.