St. Anselm's Pink City Sr. Sec. School, Jaipur
|St. Anselm's Pink City Sr. Sec. School, Jaipur|
|The school shield
ज्योति से ज्योति
From Light to Light
Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302017, India
|Religious affiliation(s)||Catholic Church|
|Patron saint(s)||St. Anselm|
|Founder||Fr. Raymond Coelho|
|Sister school||St. Anselm's Sr. Sec. School, Mansarovar & St. Anselm's North City School, Jhotwara|
|Principal||Rev. Fr. Edward Olievera|
|Grades||H.K.G. - 12|
|Age range||4 - 19|
|Number of students||More than 3000 students|
|Classes offered||Science Stream & Commerce Stream for Sen. Sr. School|
|Medium of language||English|
|Hours in school day||6|
|Campus size||1 acre (0.40 ha)|
|Houses||Blue, Green, Red, Gold|
|Publication||The Anselm Herald|
|School fees||Varies for different classes|
|Affiliations||St. Anselm's Ajmer|
|Telephone no.||0141 - 2520240|
St. Anselm's Pink City Sr. Sec. School is a convent educational institution located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It is run by the Gyan Deep Education Society. The school was founded by Rev. Fr. Raymond Coelho. It is co-educational that provides liberal education through English medium. The schools cater for pupils from the ages of 4 through to 17 or 18, and are open to children of all religious denominations. It is a day scholars school and affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
School Patron - St. Anselm
St. Anselm came from a noble Lombard family and was born in Aosta in the Italian Alps. His mother was a good and pious Burgundian, but after her death his father's violence and harshness finally caused Anselm to flee France. There, after several years of wandering, he took the Benedictine habit in 1060 at Bec (Normandy), where his illustrious countryman Bl. Lanfranc had started a famous school at the Abbey of Bec, and soon he was well known for his learning. Within three years he was made Prior and after another 15 years, very reluctantly, Abbot.
As an abbot, St. Anselm had to cross over to England from time to time in connection with his abbey's English properties, and there he became known and highly esteemed for his virtues and zeal. So much that in 1099 he was made Archbishop of Canterbury in the hope that he would be able to cope with the encroachments of King William the Red.
Many important writings of this general prelate, who was considered the greatest intellectual of his age and a "Patron for all Theologians", were composed during his two exiles. They earned him the title of Father of Scholasticism and Doctor of the Church (1720) on account of the deep and lasting influence which his thing had upon philosophy and theology.
The history of St. Anselm's Pink City School in Jaipur starts from Ajmer, where in 1904, the French Capuchin Fathers founded St. Anselm's Ajmer. They adopted St. Anselm's motto for the school: Deo amabiles et hominibus, i.e. "Pleasing to God - pleasing to men." The school has been a landmark institution which has given several illustrious leaders to Rajasthan and India at large.
In 1987 the Diocese of Ajmer-Jaipur wanted to start a similar school in the capital city (Jaipur) in the view of bringing in values and the experience of Ajmer. For this they appointed Fr. Raymond Coelho, a known educationist who had ample experience of having run some of the best institutions. He then founded St. Anselm's Pink City School with some teachers and employees he had recruited. Charged with tremendous energy, the founder principal toiled for 13 years to make St. Anselm's Pink City School what it is today.
With its motto 'ज्योति से ज्योति' i.e. "From Light to Light", St. Anselm's P.C. School bought the Jyoti from Ajmer to Jaipur bringing about the best in academics, cultural and co-curricular fields for a dynamic and a far sighted education.
For junior classes the subjects are Mathematics, both English and Hindi language and literature, Social Science, Science, Computer Science, Art and Crafts, Writing Skills, Moral Science, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge and Choral singing (the no of subject varies from one grade to another.)
For middle classes the subjects are Mathematics, English, Hindi & Sanskrit language and literature, Social Science (differentiated into History, Civics And Geography), Science, Computer Science, Art(Drawing), Moral Science, Environmental Studies and General Knowledge
For senior classes the subjects are Mathematics, English & Hindi or Sanskrit language and literature, Social Science (differentiated into History, Civics, Geography, Economics and Disaster Management), Science (differentiated into Chemistry, Biology and Physics), Computer Science, Moral Science and Environmental Studies.
- PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) + C++
- PCM + Biology
- PCM + Economics
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) + Economics
- Commerce (Account, Entrepreneurship, Business Studies & Economics) + Maths
- Commerce + IP
- PCM + IP
- PCB + IP
- PCB + Entrepreneurship
Classes 10 and 12 are prepared for Central Board of Secondary Education examinations that are held nationwide in march.
- Physical Training - The school has a division National Cadet Corps.
- Games and sports - Games include athletics, cricket, basketball, football, volleyball and lawn tennis.
- Honing intellectual skills - debates, extempore, creative writing and drawing, singing and instrumental competitions are held yearly. The major intellectual skill measuring event is the Youth Week, when quizzing activities, dramatics, dance and singingcompetitions are held. These competitions are inter-house competitions.
It has two buildings, one for the junior and middle school and one for high school. There is a large ground in front of the high school wing and a basketball court besides the junior school wing. The ground is used for assembly, and is differentiated into a football ground, a cricket court and volleyball ground. The school also has a chapel, a beautiful and quiet place which is visited by the faithful for prayers and to get the blessings of the Lord. The school also have a principal residence behind the new building, and vice-principal and nuns' residences beside the chapel. There is also an audio-video room below the chapel and a small playground with swings besides the chapel.
The old building has the following facilities:
- A small gathering place with a stage
- Principal's office
- The office
- A staff-room
- A library having a variety of books and magazines
- A craft room
- A computer lab
- Two halls
- A dance room
- A drawing room
- Visitor Center and Waiting Room
The new building has the following facilities:
- An elaborate stage
- A staff - room
- A physics lab
- A chemistry lab
- A biology lab
- A computer lab
- A hall
St. Anselm's Houses
The school is divided into four houses, mainly for promoting academic and athletic competition among the pupils. The houses are Blue, Red, Green and Gold. The House Captains of each house leads his particular house and is aided by the vice-captains of their respective houses. They are headed by respected house head teachers. A head-boy and a head-girl is also elected irrespective of their house.
- Annual Day - It is held every year usually during the month of February. There is a formal assembly in the afternoon after which there is a speech by a prominent guest or alumnus and a series of cultural events like drama, dance and songs sung by the school choir.Prizes are presented for academic excellence and success in extracurricular activities.
- Republic Day and Independence Day parades - The four houses and the National Cadet Corps present a march past in front of the principal and chief guest on Indian Republic Day (26 January) and Indian Independence Day (15 August). The national Tricolour is hoisted and the salute is taken by the Chief Guest on the occasion.
- School publications - The School publishes a quarterly newsletter The Anselm's Herald, managed and edited by students with the assistance of a staff co-ordinator.
Principals of St Anselm's Pink City School
- Rev. Fr. Raymond Coelho, Founder Principal - 1987-2000
- Rev. Fr. Edward Olievera, Principal - 2000-2006
- Rev. Fr. Paulachan Pulickal, Principal - 2006-2011
- Rev. Fr. Melvin Jobard, Principal - 2011-2014
- Rev. Fr. Edward Olievera, Principal - 2014-Present
- Akshat Singhal, Finalist in Intel International Science and Engineering, Asteroid 12599 Singhal named after him. 
- Rahul Gupta, Record holder for highest number of International research papers published by an undergraduate student. 
- Gaurav Agarwal, Rank-1 in UPSC civil services examination 2013 
- Tanuj Bhatia,Actor/Director in Hindi films.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Anselm's Pink City Sr. Sec. School, Jaipur.|