St. Anthony High School (Wailuku, Hawaii)
|St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School|
|1618 Lower Main Street
Wailuku, Hawaii, (Maui County), 96793
|Motto||Fortes in Unitate
(Strength in Unity)
|Oversight||Roman Catholic Diocese of Honolulu|
|Head of school||Betsey Gunderson|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and Gold|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
St. Anthony was established as a Boys school in 1848 by the Sacred Heart Fathers. The Marianists (Society of Mary) took over in 1883. The Sisters of St. Francis of Syracuse established a Girls School in 1884. The Girls and Boys schools merged in 1968.
St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band
In recent years, the band program was overshadowed -- Until the Yamashita Era. Everett Lee Yamashita came to St. Anthony in 2007 and changed the band. When he first arrived, there were few band programs. Now, St. Anthony has a Symphonic, Concert, Beginning, Marching/Pep, Jazz and Ukulele band. The musicians of the band traveled to New York in April 2013 for a festival that took place in the Carnegie Hall.
- Anthony T. Kaho'ohanohano, 1949, U.S. Army Pfc. Medal of Honor (Korea)
- Shane Victorino, outfielder for the Boston Red Sox
Notes and references
- WASC-ACS. "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "About Saint Anthony - History". Saint Anthony Junior Senior High School. Archived from the original on 2008-10-07. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "Home >> About >> History". St. Anthony Junior-Senior High School. Wailuku, HI, USA: Saint Anthony Junior Senior High School. Archived from the original on 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
- "SAS at Carnegie Hall - St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band". St. Anthony Junior Senior High School Band. Wailuku, HI, USA. 2013-02-25. Retrieved 2013-03-02.
|This Hawaii school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|