St. Augustine International University
|St. Augustine International University (SAIU)|
|Motto||Moral Rearmament and Wealth Creation|
|Chancellor||Hon. Tress Bucyanayandi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Charity B. Mulenga PhD|
SAIU is a multi-campus university. It maintains the following campuses:
- Bunga Campus
The main campus is located in the neighborhood of Bunga, in Makindye Division, one of he five administrative divisions of Uganda's capital city, Kampala. This location lies approximately 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), by road, southeast of the city's central business district. The approximate coordinates of the main campus of St. Augustine International University are:0°16'21.0"N, 32°37'19.0"E (Latitude:0.272500; Longitude:32.621944).
- Kisoro Campus
The Kisoro campus is located in the southwestern Ugandan town of Kisoro, approximately 465 kilometres (289 mi), by road, southwest of Kampala. The campus is close to Saint Francis Hospital Mutolere, which will serve as one of the teaching hospitals of the university.
- Mulago Campus
The Mulago campus is located on Mulago Hill, in Kawempe Division, in northern Kampala, approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, north of the city's central business district. This location is adjacent to Mulago National Referral Hospital, another teaching hospital of the university.
- Namugongo Campus
The Namugongo campus is located at Namugongo, Kira Town, Wakiso District, approximately 15 kilometres (9.3 mi), by road, northeast of downtown Kampala. The location lies close to the shrines of the Uganda Martyrs, with streams flowing through the campus. The College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine will be based here.
SAIU is a private university in Uganda, established in 2011. It is accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE), the national body that licenses institutions of higher education in the country. The multi-campus university is one of a number of private universities accredited between 2010 and 2014. The founding Vice Chancellor of the university is Charity Basaza Mulenga BSc, MSc, PhD, an electrical and computer science engineer trained at Makerere University in Uganda and Loughborough University in the United Kingdom.
As of July 2014[update], SAIU, is structured into four colleges:
- College of Law and Business
- College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine
- College of Engineering and Information Sciences
- College of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
- SAIU, . "The Campuses of St. Augustine International University". St. Augustine International University (SAIU). Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Central Kampala And Bunga With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Main Campus of St. Augustine International University At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Distance Between Kampala And Kisoro With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Distance Between Central Kampala And Mulago With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Map Showing Central Kampala And Namugongo With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 9 july 2014.
- UNCHE, . "Uganda National Council for Higher Education: Private Universities". Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE). Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Conan Businge, and Gloria Nakajubi (25 March 2013). "Uganda Registers New Private University". New Vision. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- SAIU, . "St. Augustine International University Prospectus". St. Augustine International University (SAIU). Retrieved 9 July 2014.