St. Clair Square
|Location||Fairview Heights, Illinois|
|Address||134 St. Clair Square|
|Developer||The May Department Stores Company|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||140|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,076,912 square feet (100,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
St. Clair Square is an enclosed shopping mall in Fairview Heights, Illinois. Opened in 1974, the mall features Macy's, Dillard's, J. C. Penney, and Sears as its anchor stores. It is managed by CBL & Associates Properties.
The May Department Stores Company built the mall in 1974 with Famous-Barr, J. C. Penney, and Sears. Stix Baer & Fuller built a store on the mall site in 1979. This store became Dillard's in 1984.
It was sold to The Hahn Company in 1989. A food court was added in the early 1990s. Hahn then sold it to CBL & Associates Properties in 1996. At the time, it was the fifth-largest mall in the St. Louis, Missouri metropolitan area. Famous-Barr became Macy's in 2006. The same year, the Dillard's store was expanded by 80,000 square feet (7,400 m2).
- "Mall information". CBL & Associates Properties. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Tucci, Linda (3 November 1996). "Chattanooga developer buying St. Clair Square". St. Louis Business Journal. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Stix opens St. Clair store". St. Louis Commerce 53 (6-10): lviii. 1979.
- VandeWater, Judith (17 January 1989). "New manager at St. Clair Square". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Stamborski, Al (26 November 1996). "St. Clair Square is sold". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "End is coming soon for Famous-Barr". Belleville News-Democrat. 24 July 2006. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- Gerstenecker, Alan Lewis (1 November 2006). "Dillard's at St. Clair Square unveils $20 million in improvements". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 15 May 2013.