St. Francis' Canossian College
|St. Francis' Canossian College
|9–13, Kennedy Road,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
（Medium of Instruction:English）
|Established||8 May 1869|
|Principal||Sr. Susanna Yu
(Supervisor:Sr. Theresa Chien)
|Enrollment||24 classes;800–900 students|
|Color(s)||Water blue and white|
|Affiliation||Canossian Daughters of Charity
|Information||+852 2527 1007
（Fasmile:+852 2529 1758）
St. Francis' Canossian College (嘉諾撒聖方濟各書院; SFCC) was founded on 8 May 1869, the second school established by the Italian Canossian Daughters of Charity in Hong Kong. There is also an elementary school section, known as St. Francis' Canossian School (嘉諾撒聖方濟各學校; abbr:SFCS). Both of the school campuses are located at 9–13 Kennedy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. As a landmark on the Kennedy Road, the school building is sharply distinguished by the painting with four angels playing instruments on the wall.
Today, more than a hundred and forty years after the school was established, St. Francis' Canossian College is one of the most prestigious catholic girls' secondary schools in both Wan Chai District and Hong Kong, as well as one of the 22 earliest grant schools in Hong Kong, and one of the 114 EMI (English as the medium of instruction) secondary schools in Hong Kong.
History and Information 
- 1869-----School was founded by Canossian Missions on 8 May.
- 1870-----A piece of land was granted by government to build the campus,where included a hospital, a Chinese school,an English school and a Portuguese school.
- 1876-----First graduation of primary six students.
- 1920-1940-----School was known as "St. Francis' School", a government-aided English school with kindergarten,co-educational elementary school and middle school.
- 1945-----School reopened after World War II and was named as "Sacred Heart Junior School".
- 1953-----School was renamed as "St. Francis' Canossian College".
- 1956-----First phrase of the school building was completed. The first team of Red Cross Youth(Youth unit One) in Hong Kong was established on 5 November.
- 1958-----Second phrase of the school building was completed.
- 1962-----First year of Sixth Form Classes.
- 1985-----School Hall completed.
- 1994-----School celebrated its 125th anniversary.
- 2002-----Project Learning curriculum was implemented in junior classes.
- 2004-----School celebrated its 135th anniversary.
- 2009-----School celebrated its 140th anniversary.
Principal and Supervisor 
Current Principal: Sr. Susanna Yu
Current Supervisor: Sr. Theresa Chien
Current Vice Principals: Mr. Kenneth Law and Ms. Rebecca Lee
School Motto 
"Live by the Truth in Love"
- Latin: "Veritas in Charitate"
- Chinese: "力行仁愛 實踐真理"
Criteria for Secondary One Discretionary Places:
- Stage 1: Assessment of applicants' performance in primary school (60%)
Selection criteria: academic performance – 30%, conduct – 20%, performance in extra-curricular activities, talents, skills, awards and services – 10%
- Stage 2: Individual & Group Interview (40%)
Selection criteria: Power of expression in English and Chinese, logical thinking and interactive skills
Class Structure 
There are 24 classes in total, with 4 classes at each level from Form One to Form Five (A,B,C,D) and 2 classes for Forms Six and Seven (Art, Science) respectively.
School Facilities 
All classrooms, special rooms and School Hall are air-conditioned and provided with Internet access. Each classroom is equipped with a TV set, a projector, a display screen and a video-cassette recorder. Special rooms include four computer rooms, Multimedia Learning Center, Independent Learning Center, Library, Laboratories, Needlework Room equipped with computer facilities.
Subjects Offered 
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
Extra Curricular Activities 
SFCC has 4 houses, 20 clubs and interest groups, which are divided into 5 categories:
- School Teams
-School Dance Team -School Debating Team( Chinese Debating Team, English Debating Team ) -School Music Team( Junior Choir, Senior Choir, Chinese Instrumental Ensemble, Western Instrumental Ensemble ) -School Sport Team( Athletic Team, Basketball Team, Swimming Team )
- Service and Uniform Groups
-Community Youth Club (CYC) -Girl Guides Association -Red Cross Association -Social Service Group
- Religious Groups
-Catholic Society -Legion of Mary
- Interest Groups
-Art Club -Debating Society -Drama Club -Games Club -Music Association( Instrumental Classes, Chinese Instrumental Ensemble, Western Instrumental Ensemble ) -Photography Club -Sports Union
- Academic Groups
-Chinese Club -Computer & Maths Union -English Society -Science Union ( Biology, Chemistry, Physics ) -Social Science Union( Economic & Current Affairs, Geography, History )
Four Houses 
- St. Gabriel House (仁社)
House Color: Red ●
- St. Nicolaus House (愛社)
House Color: Blue ●
- St. Patrick House (忠社)
House Color: Green ●
- St. Valentina House (信社)
House Color: Yellow ●
- Bloom (School Newspaper)
- 蕾報 (Chinese version of Bloom)
Notable alumni 
- The Hon Audrey EU Yuet-mee, SC, JP (余若薇) - Hong Kong Legislative Council Member
- Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor (林鄭月娥) - Permanent Secretary for Home Affairs of Hong Kong, Former Director of Social Welfare
- Lorna Wong Lung-shi (黃浪詩) - Commissioner for Television and Entertainment Licensing of Hong Kong
- Erica Li Man (李敏) - a famous writer in Hong Kong
Sister Schools in Hong Kong 
- Sacred Heart Canossian College
- St. Mary's Canossian College
- Canossa College
- Holy Family Canossian College
- Pui Tak Canossian College
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: St. Francis' Canossian College|