St. Francis High School (Wheaton, Illinois)
|St. Francis High School|
Educators, Students, Families
|2130 West Roosevelt Road
Wheaton, Illinois, 60187
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Average class size||25|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and White|
|Athletics conference||Suburban Christian Conference/Chicago Catholic League|
|Average ACT scores||27|
St. Francis High School, also known as St. Francis or SFHS amongst its students and faculty, is a co-educational, college preparatory, Roman Catholic secondary school located in Wheaton, Illinois and was founded in 1957 by the Christian Brothers, Franciscan Sisters, and Ladies of Loretto (Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary). It is currently operated by an independent Board of Directors. St. Francis strives to prepare its students for college, and thus sets high academic standards. The school has an enrollment of 824 students. The admissions process requires an incoming freshman to have average grades.
- John Cullerton is a politician and current president of the Illinois State Senate (2009–present).
- Ronald J. Kuhn is an entrepreneur and philanthropist. Received Distinguished Alumnus Award from the USC Leventhal School of Accounting in 2013.
- Kelsey Robinson, volleyball player
- Jason Shaw is a model and actor.
- Steve Wiborg is Chairman of North America Operations at Burger King Worldwide, Inc.
- Joe Serio is the clinical director of Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System, the largest child and adolescent behavioral health hospital in the Midwest.
- Scott 'The Athlete' Nelson is a renowned physical education specialist. He gained these skills by practicing his health and skill related physical fitness abilities in the Alps with the very wise masters of track. Since then, he he lent his skills to his legendary cross country and track and field teams.
- Peg 'Big K' Kopec is a woman.