St. George Coptic Orthodox Church (Philadelphia)
|Saint George Coptic Orthodox Church of Greater Philadelphia|
|Denomination||Coptic Orthodox Church|
|Diocese||Archdiocese of North America, under the Pope of Alexandria|
|Bishop(s)||Fr. Seraphim El-Syriany|
|Priest(s)||Fr. Roufail Z. Youssef
Fr. Mina Shahied
St George Coptic Orthodox Church (Coptic: Ϯⲉⲕ'ⲕⲗⲏⲥⲓⲁ ⳿ⲛⲣⲉⲙ⳿ⲛⲭⲏⲙⲓ ⳿ⲛⲟⲣⲑⲟⲇⲟⲝⲟⲥ ⳿ⲛⲧⲉ ⲫⲏⲉⲑⲟⲩⲁⲃ Ⲅⲉ⳿ⲱⲣⲅⲓⲟⲥ // transliteration: ti.eklyseya en.remenkimi en.orthodoxos ente fi.ethowab Gewargios) is one of the oldest Coptic Orthodox churches established in North America. It is one of over 200 Coptic Orthodox Churches in the US.
St. George Coptic Orthodox Church is the first Coptic Orthodox church that was established in Pennsylvania during 1969  and was incorporated in May 1973 with 30 families at the time. Several Coptic Orthodox priests served the congregation in churches of other denominations until 1980, when the Conshohocken building was purchased. HH Pope Shenouda III assigned Father Samuel Thabet Samuel to head that church in September 1983, and Father Samuel and his wife and two children left Egypt and moved to Roxborough.
After a certain period of time, the congregation bought the current building in Norristown, Pennsylvania. The parish, built in 1863, uses Greek revival architecture and was originally a Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church. In order for the building to allow for Coptic Orthodox Liturgies, the interior required a partial conversion for that use. The exterior, however, retained its architectural style. The building was consecrated in October 1994, by HH Pope Shenouda III.
The parish did in fact have more than one priest in its history. Fr. Angelos Habib Boghdadi served the parish in its early years, as well as several other Coptic Churches throughout the States, including St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church in Ambridge, Pennsylvania. Fr. Boghdadi is currently the priest of St. George Church in Tampa, Florida.
During the church's formative years in the 1980s, Fr. Samuel Thabet Samuel was the parish priest. He served until 1990 when summoned by His Holiness Pope Shenouda III  to serve St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church of Chicago, Illinois  where he currently serves as the senior priest. In 1991 Pope Shenouda sent the current priest to the parish, Fr. Roufail Z. Youssef. There are currently over 300 Coptic families served by St. George's Church.
- Coptic Orthodox Church
- Seat of the Coptic Orthodox Pope of Alexandria
- Coptic architecture
- Coptic Cairo
- Coptic Orthodox Church in North America
- Coptic Orthodox Church in Canada
- Coptic Orthodox Church in the United States
- List of Coptic Orthodox Churches in the United States
- St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church (Los Angeles)
- St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church (Denver, Colorado)
- St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania)
- St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church (Los Angeles)
- St. Mary & St. Antonios Coptic Orthodox Church (Ridgewood, Queens)
- St. George Coptic Orthodox Church (Brooklyn)
- St. George & St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Dates of Incorporations of Coptic Orthodox Churches in North America (Retrieved 08-07-2008)
- "Coptic Church Urges Thorough Investigation In Murder of Jersey City Family". Coptic Church Network, January 20, 2005. Accessed August 11, 2008.
- CNEWA:The Coptic Orthodox Church (Retrieved 17-07-2008)
- Church Data (Retrieved 08-07-2008)
- Montgomery County: St. George Coptic Orthodox Church (Retrieved 08-07-2008)
- Biography of Fr. Angelos H. Boghdadi (Retrieved 08-07-2008)
- The official website of St. George Coptic Orthodox Church
- The Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America
- The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern United States
- The Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Damietta