St. Giles' Church, Cropwell Bishop
|St. Giles' Church, Cropwell Bishop|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Diocese||Southwell and Nottingham|
|Rector||Revd Bronwen Gamble|
The church has 13th century arcades but is mainly 14th century with a nave with north and south aisles, south porch and chancel. The tower was built around 1450.
There are six bells. One is 16th century, two are dated 1669 and 1757, a fourth was recast in 1905 and a fifth added in the same year. A sixth, the treble bell, was installed in 1981.
Current parish status
St. Giles' Church, Cropwell Bishop is in the Wiverton group of parishes which includes:
- St. Andrew's Church, Langar
- All Saints' Church, Granby
- Holy Trinity Church, Tythby
- St. John's Church, Colston Bassett
- St. Mary's Church, Barnstone
- St. Michael and All Angels' Church, Elton on the Hill
- The Buildings of England, Nottinghamshire. Nikolaus Pevsner