St. Joseph's Church (Springfield, Massachusetts)
St. Joseph's Church
Engraving of church in 1884
|MPS||Downtown Springfield MRA|
|NRHP Reference #||
|Added to NRHP||February 24, 1983|
St. Joseph's Church was an historic Roman Catholic church at Howard Street and East Columbus Avenue in Springfield, Massachusetts. Built in 1873-77, it was a brick Romanesque Revival structure with brownstone trim, and was a fine local example of the style. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. In March 2008, the church was demolished by the Colvest Group, which had bought it from the Diocese of Springfield in Massachusetts.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Springfield, Massachusetts
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hampden County, Massachusetts
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-15.
- "NRHP nomination and MACRIS inventory record for St. Joseph's Church". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Former St. Joseph’s Church Goes Down (includes photos of the demolition in progress)
|This article about a National Register of Historic Places listing in Hampden County Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|