St. Joseph High School (Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania)
|St. Joseph High School|
|800 Montana Avenue
Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania, (Allegheny County), 15065
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||St Joseph|
|Average class size||30|
|Color(s)||Red, White and Blue|
|Slogan||"Discover Your Saint Joe's"|
|Athletics||Basketball, Swimming, Volleyball, Track, Baseball, Softball, Golf, Bowling, Tennis, Soccer|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Emporium (literary magazine)|
|Admissions Director||Shane Palumbo|
|Athletic Director||Kate Barkowski|
Saint Joseph High School(coloquially referred to locally as "St. Joes" or "SJHS") is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Harrison Township, Pennsylvania. It is the only parish-operated high school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
The school opened the Walter Dlubak Athletic Center in 2009, home to the SJHS Spartans; math and science classes are also held in the building. It shares its main school building with Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament School, an elementary school for grades Pre-K through 8
- All hail to St. Joe's High! Noble and strong.
- Through the dear portals lies the truth of our song.
- Fly thy colors, red and blue, Wisdom echoing.
- Lead on, O guiding light, of thee we sing.
- All hail to St. Joe's High! Our voices raise.
- To the Alma Mater, the tribute of our praise.
- Live, O Alma Mater! Humble hearts we bring.
- Bearer of truth and light of thee we sing.
Student body profile
As of June 2013, St. Joseph has 211 students total through grades 9-12
College in High School (CHS) Program
The Saint Joseph High School College in High School Program allows 10th-12th grade students to take college courses while still in high school, earning both college and high school credits. This program enables students to earn credits for local universities such as Duquesne University, the University of Pittsburgh, St. Vincent College, and La Roche College while saving both money and time in college. The average SJHS student earns 30 college credits through the CHS program by the time they graduate.
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Retrieved 2009-05-23.
- "School Mission Statement". Saint Joseph High School. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-11-11.
- Thomas, Mary Ann (2009-10-17). "There was much to bless at St. Joseph High School in Harrison". Valley News Dispatch (Tribune-Review Publishing Company). Retrieved 2010-04-10.
- "Student Handbook". Saint Joseph High School. 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-07-01. Retrieved 2007-11-11.