St. Patrick Catholic School (Miami Beach, Florida)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2015)|
|St. Patrick Catholic School (Miami Beach, Florida)|
|3700 Garden Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Principal||Mrs. Bertha Moro|
|Grades||Preschool through 8th|
St. Patrick Catholic School, also called St. Patrick Parish School, is a private Catholic school located at 3700 Garden Avenue, Miami Beach, Florida. It is the parish school for the St. Patrick Catholic Church.
Due to the damage caused by the September 17, 1926 hurricane to the school buildings, the school did not open until two weeks after the hurricane had passed. Also, only 20 of the 150 students registered prior to the hurricane attended on opening day.
In 1927, two more classrooms were added. There was only one high school graduate in the class of 1927, 1928, and 1929, and only three graduates in 1930.
A $75,000 building permit was issued on May 31, 1930, for St. Patrick Catholic Elementary and High School. The first of three units opened in September of the two-story school building, which was completed in 1932.
The last 12th grade graduation was in 1972 and there were 37 graduates. The school has continued to have 8 grades.
In 1976, the school was first accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference. In 1988, it was named a "National School of Excellence" by the U.S. Department of Education. Mrs. Bertha Moro is the school principal.
Below are lists of individuals who have led the school.
First Five Sisters at School (1926)
- Sister Miriam Fenner
- Sister Francis Margaret Grix
- Sister Jane Catherine Hauser
- Sister Blanche Kelly
- Sister Leo Clare Thornton
- Sister Blanche Kelly (1926–1930)
- Sister Leo Clare Thornton (1930–1936)
- Sister Ann Terence McClear (1936–1942)
- Sister Rose Ann McIntosh (1942–1946)
- Sister Mary Aurelia Gray (1946–1952) -- Grade School
- Sister Hildegarde Brennan (1946–1952) -- High School
- Sister John Therese Singer (1952–1958)
- Sister Marcella Gardner (1958–1964)
- Sister Hildegarde Brennan (1961–1962) -- High School
- Sister Patricia Ellen (Mary June) Secor (1964–1972) -- Grade School
- Sister Hildegarde Brennan (1964–1966) -- High School
- Sister Ann Catherine Gleason (1966–1970) -- High School
- Sister Mary June Secor (1970–1972) -- High School
- Sister Jean Elizabeth Nugent (1972–1979) -- Grade School
- Sister Eva (1979–1980)
- Unknown (1980–1982)
- Sister Enedina Rodriguez (1982–1983)
- Mrs. Christine Lamadrid (1983–1994)
- Sister Winifred (1994–1996)
- Mrs. Josephine Kenna (1996–2000)
- Mrs. Bertha Moro (2000–Present (2015))
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2015)|