St Paul's College, Raheny
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2008)|
|St. Paul's College
Colaiste Naomh Pól
|Raheny, Dublin 5
Republic of Ireland
(Latin for 'by your deeds show forth your thinking')
|Principal||Mr C. McCormack|
|Deputy principal||Mr A. Marron|
|Number of students||650|
|Religious order||Vincentian Fathers|
St. Paul's is overseen by a Board of Management comprising representatives of the trustees, parents and teaching staff and directed by the Principal, assisted by the Deputy Principal.
Teaching support facilities include two well-equipped computer rooms, four science laboratories and a woodwork room.
The school has grounds of over 180 acres (730,000 m2), including its own all-weather grass pitches and grass playing fields. St. Paul's has a strong track record in sports, notably in schools' rugby and also soccer, Gaelic football, hurling, basketball, golf and athletics.
St.Pauls was also known for having award winning sausage rolls. Until 2012 a campaign from the board of management removed the sausage rolls from the school cafeteria because they were deemed unhealthy.
Notable past pupils
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2011)|
- Ivor Callely, former politician
- Neil Jordan, Film director
- Seán Haughey, former politician
- Jim Ronayne, Dublin Gaelic Footballer and All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Medal winner.
- Dick Hooper, Dublin marathon winner, 1980
- Declan Kiberd, Chair of Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama, UCD
- Gerry Ryan, RTÉ TV presenter
- Marty Whelan, RTÉ TV presenter
- PJ Gallagher, Stand-up comedian
- Colin Dunne, Professional Irish dancer (of Riverdance fame)
- Paul Clarke, Winner of 2014 BT Young Scientist Exhibition
|This Ireland school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|