St. Peter's Brewery
|Headquarters||Bungay, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom|
|Production output||17,500 imperial barrels (2,864,000 l)|
The brewery produces cask ales, but are best known for their cold filtered bottled beers. The oval shape of their signatory 500 ml bottle is based on an 18th-century gin bottle from Gibbstown, by the Delaware River near Philadelphia but a round version is also common.
Owner John Murphy founded the marketing consultancy Interbrand and was admitted to an honorary degree of Doctor of Social Sciences at Brunel University in 2001. The brewery also owns The Jerusalem Tavern, a pub in Clerkenwell, London.
The brewery produces around twelve regular beers plus another six seasonal. St Peter's is known for its organic beers. A gluten free beer, G-Free TM was launched late in 2007 and is approved and licensed by Coeliac UK.
- St. Peter's Organic Ale was awarded the Soil Associations Silver Medal in the drinks category in their Organic Food Awards 2006.
- In November 2007, the Independent newspaper conducted a blind tasting by a panel of judges of bottled beers and lagers to creat a 'Top 50 beers' list and St. Peter's India Pale Ale was voted overall winner.
- Cream Stout was voted one of the Top 50 beers in the world in 2006 and has won the International Beer Competition, Porters and Stouts category, in 2006, 2004 and 2003.
- The cask version of Old Style Porter won the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) Champion Beer of Suffolk in 2005 and took bronze in the CAMRA Winter Beer Festival held in Manchester in January 2007.
- St. Peter's Grapefruit Fruit Beer won a bronze medal in Speciality Beer Category at the Great British Beer Festival in August 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Peter's Brewery.|
- Brewery, St. Peter’s Brewery Co. Ltd., retrieved 2014-08-17
- John Murphy - 2001, Brunel University London, retrieved 2014-08-17
- London Pub, St. Peter’s Brewery Co. Ltd., retrieved 2014-08-17
- A selection of Awards for St. Peter's beer, St. Peter’s Brewery Co. Ltd., retrieved 2014-08-17
- India Pale Ale, St. Peter’s Brewery Co. Ltd., retrieved 2014-08-17
- Great British Beer Festival 2007, beer-pages.com (Roger Protz), retrieved 2014-08-17