St. Stanislaus Parish, Adams
|St. Stanislaus Kostka Parish|
St. Stanislaus Parish
|Location||25 Hoosac Street
|Functional status||Active (as of April 1, 2012)|
|Closed||January 1, 2009|
|Parish||Pope John Paul the Great Parish|
|Diocese||Springfield in Massachusetts|
|Archbishop||Seán Patrick O'Malley, OFM Cap|
|Bishop(s)||Timothy A. McDonnell|
|Pastor(s)||Rev. Daniel J. Boyle|
|Deacon(s)||Rev. Mr. Gregory LaFreniere|
Founded in December 1902, it is one of the Polish-American Roman Catholic parishes in New England in the Diocese of Springfield in Massachusetts. On January 1, 2009 was closed by decision of the Bishop Timothy A. McDonnell of the Diocese of Springfield in Massachusetts. After 1,150 days of parishioners sitting in vigil, it was announced on February 18, 2012 that St. Stan's would reopen on Palm Sunday (April 1) 2012. The church will have one Sunday Mass, all Holy Days of Obligation, weddings, funerals, and baptisms upon request. St Stan's now serves as a mission of the Blessed John Paul Church in Adams.
- St. Stanislaus Kostka School, Adams, MA (Grades: PK - 8)
- The 150th Anniversary of Polish-American Pastoral Ministry. Webster, Massachusetts: St. Joseph Basilica. September 11, 2005.
- Our Lady of Czestochowa Parish - Centennial 1893-1993. Our Lady of Czestochowa, Boston. 1993.
- The Official Catholic Directory in USA
- "Springfield". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
|This article about a Roman Catholic church in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|