St Laurence Pountney
|St Laurence Pountney|
Current photo of site
|Denomination||Roman Catholic, Anglican|
Following the destruction of the majority of parish churches in the City by the Great Fire, the Rebuilding Act was passed and a committee set up under Sir Christopher Wren to decide which would be rebuilt  Fifty-one were chosen, but St Laurence Pountney was not amongst them. It was one of the first to perish and many felt it had been helped on its way. Following the fire the parish was united to that of St Mary Abchurch 
The site of the church was retained as a graveyard, and is now a privately owned garden, as is the church's original graveyard, just to the south.
- Wilson, HB (1831). History of the parish of St. Laurence Pountney, London : including, from documents hitherto unpublished, an account of Corpus Christi (or Pountney) College, in the said parish. London: C Rivington & Co.
- Wright, GW (1904). St. Mary Abchurch and St. Laurence Pountney: a short account. London: A.Fullarton & Co.
- "Sir John de Pulteney and his two residences in London, Cold Harbour and the manor of the rose, together with a few remarks on the parish of St. Lawrence Poultney". Archaeologia. 57 part 2: 257–84. 1901.
- Sometimes referrd to as St Laurence, Candlewick Street Gift of a tenement in the parish of "St Laurence of Candelwikstret "To Hugh Martyn M0037796CL cited in "City of London Parish Registers Guide 4" Hallows,A.(Ed): London, Guildhall Library Research, 1974 ISBN 0-900422-30-0
- Hibbert,C;Weinreb,D;Keay,J (1983 (rev 1993,2008)). "The London Encyclopaedia". London: Pan Macmillan. ISBN 978-1-4050-4924-5.
- where Laurence Pountney Hill now stands Pearce, C.W. (1909). Notes on Old City Churches: their organs, organists and musical associations. London: Winthrop Rogers.
- Whinney, Margaret (1971). Wren. London: Thames and Hudson. ISBN 0-500-20112-9.
- Betjeman, John (1967 (rpnt 1992)). The City of London Churches. Andover: Pitkin. ISBN 0-85372-565-9.
- "Pepys: the unequalled self" Tomalin,C: London, Viking, 2002 ISBN 0-670-88568-1
- Huelin, G. (1996). Vanished Churches of the City of London. London: Guildhall Library Publications. ISBN 0-900422-42-4.
- "St Laurence Pountney Graveyards". London Parks and Gardens Trust. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
|This article about a London building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|