St Leonards railway station
|Address||Herbert Street, St Leonards
New South Wales, Australia
|Line(s)||North Shore railway line|
|Distance||8.41 km (5.23 mi) from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 Island)|
St Leonards railway station is a station on the North Shore railway line is served by the T1 North Shore, Northern & Western Line of Sydney's Sydney Trains network. It is located in the Forum complex on the Pacific Highway in the Sydney suburb of St Leonards. The station has been through several incarnations. The original station opened in 1890 with the opening of the North Shore Line.
In August 1989 the station was relocated to a temporary station south of the Pacific Highway to allow the site to be redeveloped. After the redevelopment encountered financial problems, the new station was not opened until February 2000. The new station has been built with provision for four tracks as part of future quadruplication plans. As at January 2013, there is a platform 2 (towards Central) and a platform 3 (towards Hornsby via Gordon or Macquarie Park).
St Leonards is the 12th most patronised railway station in Sydney (out of a total of 176 stations), with an average of 16,390 passengers boarding per day.
Platforms and services
As of the new Sydney Trains timetables on Sunday the 20th of October 2013: on weekdays the station is served by eight trains per hour in each direction for most of the day, with additional trains provided during peak hours; and on weekends the station is served by six trains per hour in each direction for most of the day.
There are 'turn-up-and-go' train services provided during weekday peak hours, to the City, having a frequency of up to twenty trains per hour with a 3 to 4 minute interval.
|1||Incomplete platform||Reserved for future use|
|2||All stations and limited stops services to Central, then Strathfield and beyond.|
|3||All stations and limited stops services to Chatswood, then Hornsby via Macquarie Park or Berowra via Gordon.||peak hour intercity services to Gosford and Wyong via Gordon.|
|4||Incomplete platform||Reserved for future use|
St Leonards (Pacific Highway) Stand Departures
Stand A (Chatswood Services):
- 143 - to Chatswood station - (Interchange)
- 144 - to Royal North Shore Hospital. Weekdays (Monday to Friday) off peak hour and evenings daily services - to Chatswood station - (Interchange).
Stand B (Lane Cove and Epping Services):
- M20 - to Gore Hill
- 140 - weekdays (Monday to Friday) peak hour limited stops services - to Epping - (Langston Place)
- 252 - to Lane Cove West - (Cope Street)
- 254 - to Riverview
- 265 - weekdays (Monday to Friday) full-time and Saturday daytime services - to Lane Cove - (Longueville Road)
- 286 - weekdays (Monday to Friday) peak hour services - to Denistone East - (Lovell Road and Colvin Crescent)
- 287 - weekdays (Monday to Friday) peak hour services - to Ryde - (Ryde Depot)
- 290 - to Epping - (Langston Place)
- 602X - to Rouse Hill via Lane Cove Tunnel, M2 Motorway and North-west T-way
- 612X - to Riley T-way (Stanhope Gardens) via Lane Cove Tunnel, M2 Motorway, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill and Kellyville
- "North Shore Line". Nswrail.net.
- "St Leonards Station To Be Reveloped" Railway Digest August 1989 page 271
- "St Leonards and Liverpool Station Openings" Railway Digest April 2000 page 10
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St Leonards railway station, Sydney.|