St Paul's College, Raheny
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2008)|
|St. Paul's College
Colaiste Naomh Pól
|Raheny, Dublin 5
Republic of Ireland
(Latin for 'by your deeds show forth your thinking')
|Principal||Mr Michael Behan|
|Deputy principal||Mr B O'Mordha|
|Number of students||650|
|Religious order||Vincentian Fathers|
St. Paul's is overseen by a Board of Management comprising representatives of the trustees, parents and teaching staff and directed by the Principal, assisted by the Deputy Principal.
Teaching support facilities include two well-equipped computer rooms, four science laboratories, technical graphics and a woodwork room.
The school has grounds of over 180 acres (730,000 m2), including its own all-weather grass pitches and grass playing fields. St. Paul's has a strong track record in sports, notably in schools' rugby and also soccer, Gaelic football, hurling, basketball, golf and athletics.
Notable past pupils
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2011)|
- Ivor Callely, former politician
- Neil Jordan, Film director
- Seán Haughey, former politician
- Kieran (Ciarán) Hannon, former Irish international swimmer
- Jim Ronayne, Dublin Gaelic Footballer and All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Medal winner.
- Dick Hooper, Dublin marathon winner, 1980
- Declan Kiberd, Chair of Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama, UCD
- Cormac Kelly, former WWE World Tag Team champion
- Gerry Ryan, RTÉ TV presenter
- Marty Whelan, RTÉ TV presenter
- PJ Gallagher, Stand-up comedian
- Colin Dunne, Professional Irish dancer (of Riverdance fame)
- Paul Clarke, Winner of 2014 BT Young Scientist Exhibition
|This Ireland school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|