Bendet at the 2012 premiere of What to Expect When You're Expecting
|Born||Stacey B. Wiener|
|Spouse(s)||Eric Eisner (m. 2008–present)|
|Children||Eloise Breckenridge Eisner
Scarlet Haven Eisner
Early life and education
Bendet was born to Olivia Wiener. Bendet's father, Joseph Daniel Wiener ran a textile importing business which piqued her interest in fashion and clothing. Bendet graduated from Horace Greeley High School in Chappaqua, New York. Bendet studied International Relations and French at the University of Pennsylvania in 1999. After graduation, Bendet had a job interview on Wall Street, which she rollerbladed to wearing orange pants and a fur bomber jacket, deciding against the job due to knee length skirts of her fellow interviewees. She then created flash websites for people.
In 2002, Bendet and her college classmate Rebecca Matchett founded Alice + Olivia. The brand was named after her mother Olivia, and her partner's mother Alice. One day while wearing a modified retro pair of jeans that she had designed herself, designer Lisa Kline noticed her walking by and on-the-spot, ordered twenty sets of the same outfit. Soon after the department store Barneys New York also placed an order and the man who developed Theory fashion line, Andrew Rosen, offered to finance new business, after her partnership with Matchett dissolved in 2003. (Matchett went on to co-found another clothing company called Rebecca & Drew). The Alice + Olivia brand is known for its colourful and creative pants in addition to dresses, leggings, tops, and blazers. Eight hundred outlets carry her line and she has five freestanding boutiques.
Well-connected, she married film producer Eric Eisner, the son of Disney executive Michael Eisner, on the Caribbean island of Anguilla in 2008. The couple had their first child, Eloise Breckenridge Eisner, on November 24, 2008. Eloise was named after the character the children’s book character who grew up in the Plaza hotel who reminded Eisner of Bendet. On April 8, 2011, Bendet gave birth to Scarlet Haven Eisner in New York City. Bendet resides in Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California.
- Elle: "Alice + Olivia Designer Stacey Bendet Eisner's New Pad - Being a grown-up doesn't mean you have to forsake fun" BY Miranda Purves March 31, 2010
- Sarah Bernard (February 23, 2004). "Flash Pants". New York Magazine. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Staff writer (February 10, 2012). "Stacey Bendet: Kitchen Aid!". Fashion Week Daily. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Sun Sentinel: "Alice + Olivia designer Stacey Bendet comes to Saks in South Florida" by Rod Hagwood December 7, 2011
- AOL Small Business News: "Meet the New Young Millionaires - Forget Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. The founders of Facebook, YouTube, and other upstart companies are shaking up the business world -- and making millions along the way" By Geoff Williams May 27, 2010
- Staff writer (May 6, 2008). "Alice + Olivia's Stacey Bendet expecting first child". People. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Miranda Purves (March 31, 2010). "Alice + Olivia Designer Stacey Bendet Eisner's New Pad". Elle. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Sarah Michaud (April 10, 2011). "Stacey Bendet Welcomes Daughter Scarlet Haven". People. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Staff writer (May 23, 2011). "From 9 to 5: Stacey Bendet". Elle. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Shanelle Rein-Olowokere and Asher Fogle Paul (February 16, 2011). "Alice + Olivia’s Stacey Bendet Debuts Bump at Fashion Week". People. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "Amy Fine Collins Stands Out Amid the Met Gala’s Couture Creations". Vanity Fair. May 3, 2011. Retrieved December 27, 2011.