September 10, 1959 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
Stacey Nelkin (born September 10, 1959) is an American film and television actress.
She became well known for her role in the 1982 horror film Halloween III: Season of the Witch as Ellie Grimbridge. The same year (1982) Nelkin was scheduled to appear in the cult film Blade Runner as Mary, a sixth Nexus-6 replicant that escapes from "off-world" and comes to Earth, but budget cuts resulted in her part being cut from the film early on in principal photography. She had done a screen test for the role of Pris in Blade Runner as well, but Daryl Hannah got the part instead. Nelkin's screen test appears on Disc 4 of the collector's edition DVD set. Nelkin has made guest appearances in several TV series, including CHiPs, The A-Team, Eight Is Enough, 1st & Ten and Hunter.
According to Nelkin, Woody Allen's Manhattan was based on her romantic relationship with the director. Her bit part in Annie Hall ended up on the cutting room floor, and their relationship, though never publicly acknowledged by Allen, began when she was 17 years old and a student at New York’s Stuyvesant High School.
Nelkin is Jewish.
Nelkin was married to actor Barry Bostwick from 1987 to 1991. She has been married three times.
Career as relationship expert
Nelkin is a self-styled "relationship expert" and has her own YouTube channel and website. She wrote a book called “You Can’t Afford to Break Up: How an Empty Wallet and a Dirty Mind Can Save Your Relationship”. She is frequently called on by the program "Fox & Friends."
- Breaking Pattern (2008)
- Everything Relative (1996)
- Bullets Over Broadway (1994)
- Distant Cousins (1993)
- The Jerk, Too (1984)
- Yellowbeard (1983)
- Get Crazy (1983)
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
- Going Ape! (1981)
- Up the Academy (1980)
- Serial (1980)
- California Dreaming (1979)
- Like Mom, Like Me (1978) (TV)
- CHiPs (1978) (TV)
- Bilmes, Joshua (28 October 1982). "Third Halloween - half as scary". Michigan Daily. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- Collum, Jason Paul (2004), Assault of the killer B's: interviews with 20 cult film actresses, McFarland, p. 133, ISBN 978-0-7864-1818-3
- "Stacey Nelkin: Actress, Sexpert – The Howard Stern Show for April 7, 2011". April 7, 2011.
- "Bios". Thedailyaffair.com. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "The Mask Factor" by Michael Gingold, Fangoria magazine #317, October 2012, pages 60–62. Interview of Stacey Nelkin regarding her role in the film Halloween III: Season of the Witch conducted at the 2011 Monster-Mania Con, New Jersey. Three-page article has seven photos, four of Nelkin, one taken at the Con. In the interview, she says she is interested in doing more horror films, as she likes the devoted fan base.