Stafford Senior High School
|Stafford High School|
|33 Stafford Indian Lane
Falmouth, Virginia, 22405
|Type||Public High School|
|School district||Stafford County Public Schools|
|Vice principal||Felix Addo
|School colour(s)||Royal Blue and Gold|
|Fight song||Across the Field|
|Athletics conference||Virginia High School League
AAA Northwest Region
AAA Commonwealth District
|Rival||North Stafford High School|
|Newspaper||The Smoke Signal|
|Feeder schools||Edward E. Drew Jr., Middle School (Majority)
Dixon-Smith Middle School (Majority)
T. Benton Gayle Middle School (Minority)
Stafford Senior High School (Often mistakenly called South Stafford High School, colloquially known as "'Stafford High School"') is a public secondary school located in Falmouth, Virginia—just north of the city of Fredericksburg, Virginia, and currently serves students in the southern portion of Stafford County, Virginia.
Stafford High School is a comprehensive secondary school for students in grades 9 through 12. It was the only Stafford County high school from 1952 through 1981 (when North Stafford High School was opened). Stafford High School is also the seat of the Commonwealth Governor's School for Stafford and King George County.
Commonwealth Governor's School
Stafford High serves as one of the five base schools for the Commonwealth Governor's School. Students from both Stafford High School and King George High School attend half day classes which include all the highest level courses available in literature, mathematics, science and history. These classes are all weighted: honors, AP, and DE. Culminating, a four-year research project on a topic of choice, is similar to a college thesis.
Governor's STEM Academy
Stafford High also serves as one of three locations (Brooke Point High School, North Stafford High School and Stafford High School) supporting the Stafford Academy for Technology (STAT), a program which focuses on information technology, mathematics and engineering.
Some of the goals of the STAT program include incorporating workplace experiences, implementating industry assessments, hands-on learning experiences, aligning curriculum to emerging job opportunities and maintaining a strong partnership network, such as the Dual Enrollment agreement the program maintains with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
- Mark Lenzi, Class of 1986, Olympic Diver 1992 and 1996, won 1 Gold Medal (1992 3 Meter Springboard) and 1 Bronze Medal (1996 3 Meter Springboard)
- Jeff Rouse, Class of 1988, Olympic Swimmer 1992 and 1996, won 3 Gold Medals (1992 4x100 Medley Relay, 1996 100 Meter Backstroke, 1996 4x100 Medley Relay) and 1 Silver Medal (1992 100 Meter Backstroke)
- Jessica Player, Class of 2000, child actress on the television show Dynasty.
- Torrey Smith, Class of 2007, starting wide receiver for the Maryland Terrapins football team and holds many ACC kick return records; drafted into the NFL in 2011 by the Baltimore Ravens in the second round. Won Super Bowl XLVII with the Ravens.
- Dexter McDougle, American football player
- "VHSL Record Book 2006-2007". Virginia High School League. Archived from the original on 2006-09-09. Retrieved 2006-11-01.
- "Overview". Commonwealth Governor's School.[dead link]
- "STAT Overview". VDOE.
- Jessica Player in Fredericksburg, Virginia (VA)
- Broman, Ben. "2011 NFL Draft: Maryland WR Torrey Smith Drafted by Baltimore in Second Round". Testudo Times. Retrieved 21 October 2011.