|Location||North Shore Drive and Chuck Noll Way, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Type||Outdoor amphitheatre, indoor concert hall, nightclub|
|Built||April – November 2010|
|Owner||Pittsburgh Steelers, Continental Real Estate Cos.
(Operated by PromoWest Productions)
|Seating type||Outdoor: Lawn seating, standing; Indoor: Balcony seating, floor standing|
|Capacity||2,400 indoors; 5,500 outdoors|
Stage AE is a multi-purpose entertainment complex located on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It contains an indoor concert hall with room for 2,400 spectators and an outdoor amphitheatre that can accommodate 5,550. Additionally, the complex contains a nightclub that can hold 350 to 400 guests.
The complex sits adjacent to the Pittsburgh Steelers' Heinz Field. The team, which held the rights to develop the land adjacent to the stadium (the site of the Steelers former home, Three Rivers Stadium), partially owns the venue along with Continental Real Estate Cos. of Columbus, Ohio. Continental was also responsible for other development projects on the North Shore, including Del Monte Foods and Equitable Resources headquarters, and a Hyatt Place hotel near the stadium. The cost of construction was $12 million, with $2.5 million funded from state taxes. Total space of the indoor venue is 22,000 square feet, while the outdoor lawns totals 30,000 square feet. When it opened, the complex was expected to host approximately 100 events per year.
The venue opened in early December 2010 with two performances by Pittsburgh-native musician Girl Talk. Other performances in the first month included Cake and Anberlin, George Clinton and Parliament-Funkadelic, and Pittsburgh-natives Wiz Khalifa and The Clarks.
During the week before the 2011 NHL Winter Classic held at Heinz Field between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Washington Capitals, the outdoor lawn of the venue held a skating rink that was open to the public. Leading up to the Steelers' hosting the 2011 AFC Championship game against the New York Jets, the venue hosted several concerts, parties, and rallies.
- "Stage AE Amphitheatre Opens In Pittsburgh". WTAE-TV. November 30, 2010.
- "Coming this fall to North Shore: Stage AE". Pittsburgh Tribune Review. June 4, 2010.
- "N. Shore complex name is Stage AE". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 4, 2010.
- "Stage AE ready for opening night". Beaver County Times. November 29, 2010.
- "Stage AE creates ‘intimate’ atmosphere during concerts". Point Park Globe. November 11, 2010.
- "Winter Classic Community Rink At Stage AE Schedule". WPXI. December 23, 2010.
- "Steelers parties set for Stage AE". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. January 19, 2010.