Stage Dolls in Arendal in 2010
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, glam metal, AOR|
|Past members||Erlend Antonsen
Stage Dolls is a Norwegian hard rock band based in Trondheim, Norway. In 1982, Erlend Antonsen and Terje Storli played at local clubs in and around Trondheim. In need of a guitarist they called on Torstein Flakne, who by then had finished playing in The Kids (a popular teeny-band in Norway 1980-82). Throughout the summer and fall of 1982 the newly formed band started rehearsing and playing shows in the region. The trio took the name Stage Dolls in January 1983. The first album, titled Soldier's Gun, was released in the early winter of 1985 after a successful nationwide tour in Norway supporting the Norwegian band TNT.
Antonsen left the band in 1985 and was replaced by Steinar Krokstad; he in turn left in 1993 and was replaced by Morten Skogstad.
The recordings for their next album Commandos started in the fall 1985. It peaked at no.8 in the Norwegian charts (VG) and set the band up as one of the most popular rockbands in Norway in 1986. The album was released in the US by Big Time Records and the title track Commandos gained considerable airplay on college-radio.
The self-titled third album was recorded in the fall of 1987. It made it to the top of the charts in Norway, and in 1989 the band released the album on Chrysalis Records for the American market. The single "Love Cries" went to number 46 on the Billboard Singles Charts the same year. A second single for the song "Still in Love" was also released in America.
- Torstein Flakne - Guitar and vocals (1983–present)
- Terje Storli - Bass (1983–present)
- Morten Skogstad - Drums and percussion (1993–present)
- Erlend Antonsen - Drums and percussion (1983–1985)
- Steinar Krokstad - Drums and percussion (1985–1993)
- Soldier's Gun (1985)
- Commandos (1986)
- Stage Dolls (1988)
- Stripped (1991)
- Dig (1997)
- Get a Life (2004)
- Get a Live (2005) - live CD + bonus DVD
- Commandos (Remastered) (2006) - the 20th anniversary reissue
- Always (2010)
- Stories We Could Tell (1993)
- Good Times - The Essential Stage Dolls (2002) (2 cd)
- The band official website : STAGE DOLLS
|This article about a Norwegian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|