Stagecoach in The Fens
|Service area||Huntingdonshire (Cambs.)|
|Service type||Urban and inter-urban bus services|
|Routes||5, 18, 18A, 30, 35, 45, 46, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, A, B (The Busway)|
|Destinations||Bluntisham, Bramton, Chatteris, Hinchingbrooke, Huntingdon, March, Oxmoor, Peterborough, Ramsey, St Ives, Somersham, Warboys,|
|Fleet||Dennis Trident 2
Dennis Dart SLF
|Fuel type||Diesel, 100% BioDiesel|
Stagecoach in Huntingdonshire is the trading name of Stagecoach in The Fens Limited, which runs services throughout Huntingdon, the Fens and surrounding areas. It is part of Stagecoach East, itself a subsidiary of the larger Stagecoach Group Plc.
Background and History
The operations were born out of the sale of the former Stagecoach United Counties garage in Stukely Road, Huntingdon to Premier Buses Limited on Friday 2 May 1997. This followed a decision by the Office of Fair Trading in relation to the acquisition of Cambus Holdings Limited by Stagecoach Holdings plc. It was also a condition of the undertakings that their interests in MK Metro, who operate services in Milton Keynes was also disposed of.
A year later, on Friday 30 January 1998 the operations were sold to Blazefield Holdings. In November 2003 the operations were sold to Cavalier Contracts Limited of Long Sutton, Lincolnshire.
The operations were acquired by Stagecoach on Monday 31 March 2008 when Cavalier Travel sold their interests in bus services of over 9 seats. At the date of sale operations were branded under the names Cavalier Travel and Huntingdon and District.
The company trades under the names of Stagecoach in Huntingdonshire. They are one of the two bus companies operating services on The Busway. Buses for this service are operated under the Busway or Biobus brands (the latter promoting the fact that Stagecoach buses run on 100% bio-fuel).
The main depot for the company is currently in Fenstanton. Vehicles are also based at outstations in St Neots, Ely and March.
|Operating Centre||Registered Vehicles|
Stagecoach operate a fleet of over 60 vehicles across its operations in Huntingdonshire and The Fens.
The company currently has:
- 2 Dennis Trident
- 10 Volvo B7RLE
- 13 Scania N230UD/Enviro400
- 7 Dennis Dart/SLF
- 3 MAN/ALX300
- 2 Optare Solo
- Cambridgeshire County Council: Bus timetables and information
- Peterborough City Council: Travelling by bus
- Stagecoach: For the Cambridge, Huntingdon, Peterborough area
- information about services on The Busway
- Stagecoach Group website - http://www.stagecoachgroup.com/scg/media/press/pr2010/2010-07-23/
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/4/31/1823563.pdf
- Office of Fair Trading: - Undertakings in lieu of reference- Stagecoach Holdings plc - and Cambus
- Competition Commission: Sovereign Bus & Coach Company Limited; History of
- Hemscott: UK OFT seeks comment on Stagecoach purchase of Cavalier - http://www.hemscott.com/news/static/tfn/item.do?newsId=65062312202640
- Transport Office: Operator summary for licence - http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_anonymousoperatorsearchdetails_New.asp?txtRequestId=15414
- The Busway official website - http://www.thebusway.info