Stainby shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|- London||95 mi (153 km) S|
|Civil parish||Gunby and Stainby|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Grantham and Stamford|
Stainby is a hamlet in the South Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated 2 miles (3.2 km) west from the A1 road, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) east from the Viking Way and the Leicestershire border, and 8 miles (13 km) south from Grantham.
Stainby is nominally in the civil parish of Gunby and Stainby, although the parish is now administered as part of the Colsterworth district parishes. Stainby had been a parish in its own right until 1931. Adjacent villages include Buckminster, North Witham, Colsterworth, Gunby, Sewstern and Skillington.
Stainby is on the A151 road which runs between Melton Mowbray (Buckminster Road) and Colsterworth (Colsterworth Road). The road is frequented by heavy goods vehicles from the nearby industrial estate at Sewstern and by vehicles heading from the Midlands towards East Anglia; an alternative route is through Wymondham and South Witham.
- "COLSTERWORTH & DISTRICT PARISHES". Lincolnshire county council. Retrieved 1 June 2013. "Colsterworth and District Parish Council is a combined council consisting of the civil parishes of Colsterworth, (which includes the hamlet of Woolsthorpe By Colsterworth), Gunby and Stainby and recently North Witham, (which includes Lobthorpe)."
- "Stainby CP through time ; Census tables with data for the Parish-level Unit". A Vision of Britain through Time. GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Ordnance survey of Great Britain (3 January 2006). Grantham: Bottesford & Colsterworth (Map). 1:25 000. OS Explorer (A1 ed.). Section 247. ISBN 9780319238332.
- Williams, Ann; Martin, G H. Domesday Book: A Complete Translation. London: Penguin. pp. 929; 1403. ISBN 978-0-14-143994-5.
- Roffe, David. "Former castle on Tower Hill".
- Tower Hill (325490). PastScape. English Heritage. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Stainby quarry
Media related to Stainby at Wikimedia Commons