Stainless steel soap
Stainless steel soap is a piece of stainless steel, in the form of a soap bar or other hand-held shape. Its purported purpose is to neutralize or reduce strong odors from the hands, such as those from handling garlic, onion, durian or fish.
While stainless steel soap is sold by reputable sources, scientific evidence of its efficacy appears lacking. One hypothesis is that these soaps work by binding the sulfur compounds found in substances such as onions and garlic. A company based in Solingen, Germany, obtained a patent for its version of a stainless steel soap.
- Helmenstine, Anne Marie. "How Does Stainless Steel Remove Odors?". About.com. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- "Rub Away Bar". Crate & Barrel. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Stainless-Steel Soap". MOMAstore.org. Museum of Modern Art. 2001. Retrieved 2013-08-24.
- "Does a Bit of Steel Get Rid of That Garlic Smell?". All Things Considered. National Public Radio. 2006-11-11. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- Pollick, Michael (2012-04-04). "What is Stainless Steel Soap?". wisegeek.com. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Geprüft und patentiert" [Tested and patented]. zielonka-shop.com (in German). Zielonka Wohnen & Leben. 2000/2004. Retrieved 2012-07-24. Check date values in:
|This article about kitchenware or a tool used in preparation or serving of food is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|