|Full name||Stallion Football Club|
|Head coach||Ernest Nierras|
|League||UFL Division 1|
|2014||UFL Division 1, 4th|
Stallion Football Club, formerly known as Stallion Sta. Lucia Football Club, is a Filipino association football club based in Iloilo and a member of Iloilo Football Association. The club plays in the first division of the United Football League.
- 1 History
- 2 Sponsors
- 3 Current squad
- 4 Board and staff
- 5 Managers
- 6 Records
- 7 Honours
- 8 References
- 9 External links
In 2001, a group of enthusiasts from Barotac Nuevo, Iloilo thought of putting up a club that would compete in football tournaments regularly. The name of the club was conceptualized during a drinking session where most of the group members were drinking Red Horse Beer. 
Stallion FC has since been recognized as an affiliate member of Iloilo FA, a provincial football association based in Iloilo City that works under the Philippine Football Federation. It has also been competing in major football tournaments in the country, most recently in the 2011 PFF-Smart Club Championships. In this tournament, the club lost to San Beda FC in the quarterfinals, 2–1.
2010–11: Promotion to UFL Division 1
Stallion FC finished as one of the top three teams in the UFL Division 2 during the 2011 United Football League season. This automatically earned the club a promotion to the UFL Division 1 along with Manila Nomads and Pasargad.
2011–12: Debut in first division
At the start of the 2012 United Football League season, in the club's first match in the UFL Division 1, Stallion defeated Philippine Navy, 6–0. In their next match, the team defeated the 2011 UFL Cup and then current league champions Philippine Air Force, 4–1. In addition, the club also scored a 3–2 win against eventual 2012 season champions Global FC.
2012–13: New signings and affiliate team
In preparation for the 2013 season, aside from sharing its coaching staff with an affiliate Sta. Lucia-owned club, Stallion signed footballers Rhante Bayquin and Won Hyung Lee to beef up their lineup for the 2012 UFL Cup. In addition, the club also got the services of Spanish midfielder Rufino Familiar Sanchez and defender Joaquin Canas Garcia from Internacional de Madrid CF, an association football club from Moraleja de Enmedio in Community of Madrid, Spain that plays in the Tercera División.
In August 2012, Stallion announced that it has signed Filipino international player and Philippines national under-23 football team captain Jason de Jong for the upcoming season. De Jong, who also represents the Philippines national football team in the international level, was initially offered to play for Stallion in March 2012, but the he was offered a trial with Ayr United. Eventually, due to financial constraints, the Scottish First Division side was forced to let De Jong go, which enabled Stallion to finally sign him to a contract.
UFL Cup champions
The club started in the group stages and topped Group D with 9 points (3 wins, 1 loss) to qualify in the knockout stage. In the quarterfinals of the cup's knockout stage, Stallion defeated General Trias FC on penalty shoot out with 5–4 result. In the semi-finals, the club edged Green Archers United with a scoreline of 3–1, booking them for the finals.
On 17 December 2012, Stallion FC defeated Global FC on the finals of the UFL Cup in the Rizal Memorial Stadium, Manila with a score of 2–1, getting the cup title and its first UFL crown. Team captain Ruben Doctora and Spanish striker Rufo Sánchez scored one goal apiece to upset previous league champions Global. Doctora won the Golden Ball award, the tournament’s equivalent to the Most Valuable Player award, while Wilson Muñoz bagged the Golden Glove trophy as the best goalkeeper in the competition.
PFF Championship early exit
To prepare for the second season of the PFF National Men's Club Championship, Stallion enlisted the services of American soccer midfielder Jeremy Taylor Hohn and Goalkeeper Cyrus Andre Mohseni, who was part of the under-18 team of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.
UFL Division 1 campaign
After a disappointing run in the 2013 PFF National Men's Club Championship, Stallion signed several foreign football players to bolster its lineup including Colombian-born American forward Diego Barrera, Argentinian midfielder Matthias Bonvehi, Japanese midfielder Yuuri Ishizuka, Brazilian-Japanese midfielder Daniel Matsunaga, and Australian defender Jesse Martindale. In addition, several players from local clubs transferred to Stallion such as Brazilian goalkeeper Guilherme Hasegawa from Team Socceroo FC and midfielder Shirmar Felongco from Ceres FC.
On 13 June 2013, Stallion clinched the Division 1 championship of the 2013 United Football League after Kaya came away with a 3–2 victory against Global at the Emperador Stadium in Mckinley Hill, Taguig City.
|Period||Kit manufacturer||Shirt partner|
|2013||Nike||Sta.Lucia Land Inc.1
Gatorade, Giligan's Restaurant, 2
|2014||Mizuno||Giligan's Restaurant, 1|
- 1Major shirt sponsor (names located at the front of the shirt).
- 2Secondary sponsor (names mostly located at the back of the shirt).
- As of 3 April 2014
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Board and staff
|General manager:||Eduardo Robles JR||Filipino|
|Vice president:||Ernest Thomas Nierras||Filipino|
|Team manager:||Ernest Thomas Nierras||Filipino|
|Head coach:||Ernest Thomas Nierras||Filipino|
|Ernest Nierras||2012–present||UFL Cup Winner 2012
UFL Division 1 Champion 2013
|Season||UFL League||UFL Cup||PFF National MCC|
|2010||Not part of the league yet||Quarter-finals||—|
|2013||1||10||1st||Quarter-finals||Round of 16|
- Prom = Promoted
- TBD = To be determined
- DNQ = Did not qualify
Note: Performances of the club indicated here was after the UFL created (as a semi-pro league) in 2009.
- Winners (1): 2013
- Runners-up (1): 2011
- Winners (1): 2012
- "Stallion, Pasargad make presence felt". United Football League. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Catalan, Denrei. "Stallion FC of Barotac Nuevo Brief History". Stallion Football Club official website. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- "PFF-Smart Club kicks off August 9". The Visayan Daily Star. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- "San Beda slips past Stallions and into PFF-SMART Club finals". interaksyon.com. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- de Guzman, Mikhail (18 August). "PFF-Smart: San Beda FC Advances to the Finals". Soccer Central Philippines. Retrieved 6 November 2011. Check date values in:
- Tupas, Cedelf (18 December 2011). "UFL promotes three teams to first division". inquirer.net (The Philippine Daily Inquirer). Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Moore, Roy (13 January 2012). "UFL: Big Four still favorites to win league title". GMA News Online. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Kaya keeps title hopes alive; Stallion seals 4th United Football League. Retrieved 28 June 2012
- Olivares, Rick (21 September 2012). "UFL Preview: A call to arms Part 1". Bleachers' Brew Online. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Guerrero, Bob (14 September 2012). "Stallion FC means business with new signings and affiliate team". Yahoo! Philippines Sports. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Decena, Karl (17 August 2012). "Stallion signs Jason de Jong, Spanish players to boost UFL campaign". InterAKTV.ph (Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)).
- Leyba, Olmin (12 March 2012). "De Jong signs up with Scottish League club". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Wilson, Mike (23 March 2012). "Ayr United’s injury luck clears for crunch visit of Morton". Ayrshire Post. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "2012 United Football League Cup".
- Decena, Karl (17 December 2012). "Stallion wins UFL Cup in upset over Global". InterAKTV.ph (Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)).
- Decena, Karl (17 December 2012). "Stallion players notch top UFL Cup awards". InterAKTV.ph (Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)).
- Galunan, Jerome (12 January 2013). "PFF-SMART CLUB TILT Azkals booters to boost Ceres-Stallion faceoff". The Watchmen Daily Journal.
- "Player profile: Cyrus Andre Mohseni". U.S. Soccer Development Academy (Demosphere International, Inc.).
- Decena, Karl (13 January 2013). "Ceres shocks UFL Cup champ Stallion in PFF nationals; Global, Pasargad advance". InterAKTV.ph (Associated Broadcasting Company (TV5)).
- Guerrero, Bob (10 April 2013). "UFL: Stallion drops Sparks, Archers overcome Nomads with late Chieffy goal". Yahoo! Sports Philippines.
- "Breaking down Stallion's win over Pachanga-Diliman". United Football League Philippines.
- "Sta Lucia Stallion FC - 2013 team roster for UFL". Filipino Football: Philippine Football News website. 28 January 2013.
- Sacamos, Karlo (21 February 2013). "Daniel Matsunaga shows he's more than just a pretty face in UFL's top flight". Sports Interactive Network Philippines.
- Guerrero, Bob (15 March 2013). "UFL: Stallion, Global win, Pachanga boss alleges assistant ref is racist". Yahoo! Sports Philippines.
- Sacamos, Karlo (9 April 2013). "Rampaging Stallion's four-star performance sends Loyola reeling". Sports Interactive Network Philippines.
- Karl Decena (13 June 2013). "Global falters against Kaya, hands Stallion UFL title". http://www.interaksyon.com/ (http://www.interaksyon.com/). Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- UFL Philippines. "Stallion FC Line-UP".
- Official Website of Stallion Sta. Lucia FC
- Stallion F.C. on Facebook
- Stallion Sta. Lucia F.C. at the United Football League
- Stallion F.C. on Twitter
- Stadium picture