Stampers Creek Township, Orange County, Indiana
|Stampers Creek Township|
The Lynd School, a historic site in the township
Location in Orange County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.51 sq mi (73.8 km2)|
|• Land||28.45 sq mi (73.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.18%|
|Elevation||778 ft (237 m)|
|• Density||33.5/sq mi (12.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47125, 47452, 47454|
|GNIS feature ID||0453870|
Stampers Creek Township was named after Stampers Creek, which in turn was named for an obscure area pioneer named Stamper.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.51 square miles (73.8 km2), of which 28.45 square miles (73.7 km2) (or 99.79%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.18%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Copelin and Danners.
- Paoli Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 44
- "Stampers Creek Township, Orange County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 405.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Stampers Creek Township
||Northeast Township||Vernon Township, Washington County|
|Paoli Township||Madison Township, Washington County|