Stan Musial (fireboat)
The Stan Musial is a fireboat stationed in St. Louis, Missouri. She was commissioned in September 2013. She is named after Stan Musial, a St. Louis sports figure, with a long association with the St. Louis Cardinals professional baseball team.
- Brett Blume (2012-05-24). "New Rescue Boats To Patrol St. Louis Riverfront". CBS News. Archived from the original on 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2013-09-30. "St. Louis fire officials say they’ll be more prepared thanever to make timely rescues on the Mississippi River once two new boats arrive."
- "St. Louis Fire Department names newest marine unit "The Stan Musial"". Fox News. 2013-09-29. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. "The St. Louis Fire Department bought the boat, because of the growth of the St. Louis inland ports, which is now the third largest port in the United States."
- Bob Hamilton (2013-09-29). "St. Louis Fire Department Getting New Boat". CBS News. Archived from the original on 2013-09-30. Retrieved 2013-09-30. "It can pump up to 7,000 gallons of water or fire-suppressing foam per minute and can fight fires even while it’s moving."
- "St. Louis' new fireboat named after Stan the Man". KMOV. 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2013-10-31. "St. Louis firefighters put the new "Stan Musial" fire boat through its paces hours after arriving on the St. Louis riverfront on the Mississippi River in St. Louis on October 30, 2013."
- Brandie Piper (2013-10-30). "St. Louis firefighters honor Stan 'the Man'". KSDK. Archived from the original on 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2013-10-31. "St. Louis firefighters are doing their part to bring the Cardinals a little luck."