Stand to Reason (UK charity)
Stand to Reason volunteers speak at conferences and awareness events and respond to media enquiries about mental health in the workplace.
Stand to Reason has a panel of volunteers from many walks of life who are happy to talk about their own mental health experiences and recovery to be stronger than before and to create a greater impact on the world.
Stand to Reason also helps to reduce stigma surrounding mental health by providing a variety of services to organisations including:
- training line managers and HR teams in understanding, spotting and handling mental health in their teams
- establishing peer support networks both within and across employers
- offering public peer support workshops to help people stay at (or get back to) work following a mental health problem.
- Centre for Mental Health
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies
- Mental Health Foundation
- Mental Health Providers' Forum
- National Mental Health Development Unit
- Richmond Fellowship
- Revolving Doors Agency
- Turning Point
- "Work out your health problems". The Times. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- Boseley, Sarah (28 September 2009). "Mental health stigma in politics and business". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Mental health stigma in the workplace". Financial Times. 17 May 2011.