Standing Ovation (film)
|Directed by||Stewart Raffill|
|Written by||Stewart Raffill|
|Music by||Benedikt Brydern|
|Editing by||Laurie McDowell|
|Studio||Kenilworth Film Productions|
The film was released during the Summer of 2010 to overwhelmingly negative reviews, and a very poor box office performance.
Standing Ovation is a musical movie. It's an energetic movie with a story about loyalty and perseverance that showcases the importance of friendship and working together while celebrating the meaning of family.
Standing Ovation tells the story of The Five Ovations: five middle school friends who form a singing group to compete in a national music video contest. The group encounter their share of ups and downs, especially with their arch rivals, The Wiggies, a group composed of five talented sisters who, together with their wealthy parents, will do anything to sabotage the Ovations' chances of competing for the grand prize of $1 million.
Armed with nothing but talent, passion and street smarts, the 5 Ovations find something more valuable at the end of their quest: that perseverance, family and friendship are instrumental in fulfilling your dreams.
- Kayla Jackson as Brittany O'Brien
- Pilar Martin as Blaze
- Kayla Raparelli as Cameron
- Najee Wilson as Maya
- Alexis Biesiada as Tatiana
- Joei deCarlo as Joey Battaluci
- Rocco Fiorentino
- Alanna Polombo as Alanna Wannabe
- Bobby Harper as Mr. Wannabe
- Austin Powell as Mark O'Brien
- Sal Dupree as Mr. Wiggs
- P. Brendan Mulvey as Gramps
- Jeanna Zettler as Zoey Wiggs
- William McKenna as Eric Bateman
- London Clark as Ziggy Wiggs
- Brooke Feldman as Duet Girl
- Joann Reagan as Nursing Home Dance Captain
- Mario Macaluso as Kenny Rich
- Dexter Darden
- Mikey P.
- Erika Corvette as Angel Wiggs
- Devon Jordan as Twiggy Wiggs
- Susie Newstadter as Ms. Wiggs
- Ashley Cutrona as Zita Wiggs
- Paula Tramutolo
The soundtrack for Standing Ovation was released by Kenliworth Films on May 25, 2010 on AmazonMP3. On August 3, 2010, the album was then released on iTunes and split into two CDs, one which features The Wiggies, and the other, featuring the 5 Ovations.
Track List confirmed by AmazonMP3.
- All I Wanna Do Is Sing - The 5 Ovations
- Scream - The 5 Ovations
- Blush - The Wiggies
- Thing 4 U - Diverse
- That Boy - The Wiggies
- Superstar - The Wiggies
- Crazy Feet - The 5 Ovations
- Soup to Nuts - Mr. Wiggs and The Wiggies
- The Runway (feat. Daade) - Dacav5 (produced by N Pa)
- The Music Is Dropping You (feat. Daade) - Dacav5 (produced by Daade)
- Dancing Girl - The Wiggies
- Shooting Star - The 5 Ovations
- Turn It Up - Mr. Wiggs
- Our Songs Begins Again - Jacklyne Tasca
- Standing Ovation - Austin Powell and Devon Jordan
- All I Wanna Do Is Sing (Single Mix) - Alexis Biesiada
Critical reception 
Standing Ovation was met with overwhelmingly negative reviews, receiving a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes. Joe Leydon of Variety Magazine called it "at once annoyingly hyper and underwhelmingly dull." Mick LaSalle of the San Francisco Chronicle said "Standing Ovation is an innovative film in the sense that every minute or so it comes up with a different way of being annoying." Though Gary Thompson of the Philadelphia Daily News said "the film may serve as a springboard for the eager and available talent" in the film, Chris Hewitt of the St. Paul Pioneer Press said that he "had never heard of the people in Standing Ovation... and I hope never to hear of any of them again." Carrie Rickey of "The Philadephia Inquirer" said "The cast is full of fresh-faced unknowns ready for their close-ups. Most likely to succeed is Kayla Jackson, an almond -eyed dreamer." It has a score of 22 on Metacritic by the critics but a user score with mixed and average reviews, and has been placed on a worst of 2010 list along with The Last Airbender.
Box office 
According to Box Office Mojo, the film had a limited release and earned a gross of $531,806 in the United States.
Home Media 
A sequel entitled "Standing Ovation 2" has been announced by Kenilworth films. It is said that the company is currently in talks about writing a sequel to the film.
- "Standing Ovation (Music From The Motion Picture): Various Artists: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music - Standing Ovation (Music From The Motion Picture) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music - Standing Ovation (More Music From The Motion Picture) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- River Deep – Mountain High
- Leydon, Joe (2010-07-18). "Variety Reviews - Standing Ovation - Film Reviews - New U.S. Release - Review by Joe Leydon". Variety.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic (2010-07-16). "Review: Amateurish 'Standing Ovation'". Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Gary Thompson Movie Reviews & Previews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Chris Hewitt (St. Paul) Movie Reviews & Previews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Standing Ovation Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "The best and worst of movies in 2010". DailyHerald.com. 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news". Aintitcool.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Standing Ovation (2010)". Box Office Mojo. 2010-07-29. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Official website
- Standing Ovation at the Internet Movie Database
- Standing Ovation at Rotten Tomatoes