Standing Ovation (film)
|Directed by||Stewart Raffill|
|Written by||Stewart Raffill|
|Music by||Benedikt Brydern|
|Editing by||Laurie McDowell|
|Studio||Kenilworth Film Productions|
Standing Ovation is a musical film written and directed by Stewart Raffill. Standing Ovation was produced by Kenilworth Film Productions and had a limited theatrical release on July 16, 2010. It received mostly negative reviews, and had a very poor box office performance.
Standing Ovation tells the story of "The Five Ovations": five middle school friends who form a singing group to compete in a national music video contest. The group encounter various ups and downs, and engage with their arch rivals, The Wiggies, a singing group composed of five sisters. The Wiggies, together with their wealthy parents, attempt to sabotage the Ovations' chances of competing for a prize of $1 million.
- Kayla Jackson as Brittany O'Brien
- Pilar Martin as Blaze
- Kayla Raparelli as Cameron
- Najee Wilson as Maya
- Alexis Biesiada as Tatiana
- Joei deCarlo as Joey Battaluci
- Rocco Fiorentino
- Alanna Polombo as Alanna Wannabe
- Bobby Harper as Mr. Wannabe
- Austin Powell as Mark O'Brien
- Sal Dupree as Mr. Wiggs
- P. Brendan Mulvey as Gramps
- Jeanna Zettler as Zoey Wiggs
- William McKenna as Eric Bateman
- London Clark as Ziggy Wiggs
- Brooke Feldman as Duet Girl
- Joann Reagan as Nursing Home Dance Captain
- Mario Macaluso as Kenny Rich
- Dexter Darden
- Mikey P.
- Erika Corvette as Angel Wiggs
- Devon Jordan as Twiggy Wiggs
- Susie Newstadter as Ms. Wiggs
- Ashley Cutrona as Zita Wiggs
- Paula Tramutolo
The soundtrack for Standing Ovation was released by Kenliworth Films on May 25, 2010 on AmazonMP3. On August 3, 2010, the album was then released on iTunes and split into two CDs, one which features The Wiggies, and the other, featuring the 5 Ovations.
Track List confirmed by AmazonMP3.
- All I Wanna Do Is Sing - The 5 Ovations
- Scream - The 5 Ovations
- Blush - The Wiggies
- Thing 4 U - Diverse
- That Boy - The Wiggies
- Superstar - The Wiggies
- Crazy Feet - The 5 Ovations
- Soup to Nuts - Mr. Wiggs and The Wiggies
- The Runway (feat. Daade) - Dacav5 (produced by N Pa)
- The Music Is Dropping You (feat. Daade) - Dacav5 (produced by Daade)
- Dancing Girl - The Wiggies
- Shooting Star - The 5 Ovations
- Turn It Up - Mr. Wiggs
- Our Songs Begins Again - Jacklyne Tasca
- Standing Ovation - Austin Powell and Devon Jordan
- All I Wanna Do Is Sing (Single Mix) - Alexis Biesiada
Standing Ovation was met with negative reviews, receiving a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes. Joe Leydon of Variety Magazine called it "at once annoyingly hyper and underwhelmingly dull." Mick LaSalle of the San Francisco Chronicle said "Standing Ovation is an innovative film in the sense that every minute or so it comes up with a different way of being annoying." Though Gary Thompson of the Philadelphia Daily News said "the film may serve as a springboard for the eager and available talent" in the film, Chris Hewitt of the St. Paul Pioneer Press said that he "had never heard of the people in Standing Ovation... and I hope never to hear of any of them again." Carrie Rickey of "The Philadelphia Inquirer" said "The cast is full of fresh-faced unknowns ready for their close-ups. Most likely to succeed is Kayla Jackson, an almond -eyed dreamer." It has a score of 22 on Metacritic by the critics but a user score with mixed and average reviews, and has been placed on a worst of 2010 list along with The Last Airbender.
According to Box Office Mojo, the film had a limited release and earned a gross of $531,806 in the United States.
The film was released on DVD format as of November 29, 2010.
- "Standing Ovation (Music From The Motion Picture): Various Artists: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music - Standing Ovation (Music From The Motion Picture) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "iTunes - Music - Standing Ovation (More Music From The Motion Picture) by Various Artists". Itunes.apple.com. 2010-08-03. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- River Deep – Mountain High
- Leydon, Joe (2010-07-18). "Variety Reviews - Standing Ovation - Film Reviews - New U.S. Release - Review by Joe Leydon". Variety.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Mick LaSalle, Chronicle Movie Critic (2010-07-16). "Review: Amateurish 'Standing Ovation'". Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Gary Thompson Movie Reviews & Previews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Chris Hewitt (St. Paul) Movie Reviews & Previews". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Standing Ovation Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "The best and worst of movies in 2010". DailyHerald.com. 2010-12-29. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news". Aintitcool.com. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- "Standing Ovation (2010)". Box Office Mojo. 2010-07-29. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Official website
- Standing Ovation at the Internet Movie Database
- Standing Ovation at Rotten Tomatoes