Manolev with PSV in 2011
|Full name||Stanislav Manolev|
|Date of birth||16 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|FC Kuban Krasnodar|
|2006||→ Pirin 1922 (loan)||12||(1)|
|2013||→ Fulham (loan)||5||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Jong PSV (loan)||10||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Stanislav Manolev (Bulgarian: Станислав Манолев; (born 16 December 1985) is a Bulgarian footballer who plays for Russian Premier League side Kuban Krasnodar and the Bulgaria national football team, as a right back.
Manolev started to play football for Pirin 1922.
In early 2005 he moved to Litex. Manolev won The National Cup in 2008 with Litex. In the final on 21 May 2008 against Cherno More Varna, Manolev scored the only goal after 53 minutes. Next year, Litex won the cup again. The event took place on 26 May 2009.
On 25 July 2009, Manolev signed a 3+2 years contract with the Dutch club PSV Eindhoven, to fend competitions from Aston Villa. On 6 August 2009, Manolev made his official debut for PSV Eindhoven. He was selected as a starter against Bulgarian club Cherno More in the UEFA Europa League 3rd qualification round. Unluckily for him he was sent off for a second bookable offense in the 44th minute of the game, but his team went on to repeat its 1–0 win from the first leg.
On 9 August 2009, Manolev made his full debut for PSV Eindhoven in the Eredivisie. He played 69 minutes before being substituted for Jan Kromkamp, assisting Balázs Dzsudzsák's equalizing goal and earning himself a booking. On 16 August 2009, Manolev played the full 90 minutes of PSV's 4–3 home win against AFC Ajax and assisted Otman Bakkal's decisive goal in the 75th minute of the game. On 23 August 2009, Manolev had another fine display, assisting two PSV goals in the 3–1 home win against NAC Breda. On 12 September 2009, he scored his first goal in the 3–0 home win against Roda JC. On 28 October 2009, Manolev scored his second goal for PSV against Roda JC for a match from the KNVB Cup. On 14 April 2010, Manolev scored his second league goal in the 2–2 draw with Heerenveen.
His performance at PSV led being branded as "the worst right back in Europe" by RTL pundits, René van der Gijp, having become his outspoken critics since his arrival. Despite this, Manolev refuses to careless criticism he received, quoting: "I do not look at it and I do not make me worry about," said Manolev then. "This man (ed. Van der Gijp) is paid to give his opinion, fine. I look good at the Bulgarian television."
Upon his loan spell ended from Fulham, having lost a first team place to Santiago Arias and Joshua Brenet. PSV would allow Manolev to leave the club on free transfer, as well leaving on cheap basis. After a failed move in the summer transfer window, Manolev was then sent to the reserve team and went on to make ten appearance, scoring once.
Manolev signed for Premier League side Fulham on loan until the end of the season on 31 January 2013. After his move to Fulham, Manager Martin Jol backed Manolev quoting: "If you go on Google and look at games from less than four weeks ago he has been the man of the match."
On 9 February 2013, Manolev made his debut in a 0-0 draw against Norwich City. In the 1-0 loss against Arsenal on 20 April 2013, Manolev was fouled by Olivier Giroud, who later got sent-off in the 85th minute. At the end of the season, Manolev made five league appearance and returned to PSV despite hopes of joining Fulham on a permanent basis. After loan spell finished, Manolev says he expressed "delighted to be given a chance to play for Fulham".
After being released by PSV, Manolev moved to Russia by joining Kuban Krasnodar, where he will join up team-mate Ivelin Popov. Manolev made his debut in a 1-1 draw against Dynamo Moscow. He scored his first goal for the club in a 4-0 win against Krylia Sovetov, netting the first goal of the game. The assist came from fellow Bulgarian team-mate Ivelin Popov.
On the 18th of June 2014 Manolev signed a contract with Dynamo Moscow as a free agent.
Manolev started his career for the Bulgarian national football team during the World Cup 2010 qualifiers. In August 2008, the Bulgarian national coach Plamen Markov called Stanislav in Bulgaria national football team in a match against Bosnia and Herzegovina national football team. Manolev made his official debut and Bulgaria won the match as a guest. Manolev was a part of the Bulgaria national football team in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers against Italy and Montenegro, but remained an unused substitute. He played 45 minutes in the second half of the friendly between Bulgaria and Serbia in November 2008. He was in the starting 11 in the next two games against the Republic of Ireland and Cyprus. He scored his first goal for Bulgaria in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Italy that finished 2–2.
|1.||7 September 2012||Vasil Levski National Stadium, Sofia, Bulgaria||Italy||1–0||2–2||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||11 September 2012||Vasil Levski National Stadium, Sofia, Bulgaria||Armenia||1–0||1–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|3.||26 March 2013||Parken Stadium, Copenhagen, Denmark||Denmark||0–1||1–1||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|4.||30 May 2013||Toyota Stadium, Nagoya, Japan||Japan||0–1||0–2||Friendly|
Club career statistics
As of 24 June 2014[update]
|Bulgaria national team|
- Bulgarian Cup (2): 2008, 2009
- KNVB Cup (1): 2012
- "Българите с половин сантиметър по-високи" (in Bulgarian). 7sport.net. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "PSV complete signing of Manolev". psv.nl. 25 July 2009. Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "PSV advances to the next round". Retrieved 6 August 2009.
- "Twente and PSV settle for a 1:1 draw". psv.nl. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 9 August 2009.
- "Dzsudzsak And Bakkal Bring Victory To Red White Army". goal.com. 16 August 2009. Retrieved 16 August 2009.
- "PSV show resilience in 3–1 win over NAC Breda". 23 August 2009. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "Manolev contract extended to 2014" [Contract Manolev verlengd tot 2014] (in Dutch). psv.nl. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Stuttgart asks Manolev" [Stuttgart vraagt naar Manolev] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "PSV intervenes in departure Manolev '" ['PSV grijpt in bij vertrek van Manolev'] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- August #28 - 2009 - Voetbal Rene van der Gijp Manolev is blind paard on YouTube
- "Fulham boss Jol backs Manolev to banish 'worst right back' slur". Daily Mail. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "'Manolev influenced by Van der Gijp jokes'" ['Manolev beïnvloed door grappen Van der Gijp'] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Transfer is difficult to resume Manolev" [Transfer is lastig met cv van Manolev] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "'Manolev running on a free transfer from PSV door'" ['Manolev loopt transfervrij de deur uit bij PSV'] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 22 August 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Manolev may PSV 'cheap' leave" [Manolev mag PSV 'goedkoop' verlaten] (in Dutch). Goal.com. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Transfer news: PSV Eindhoven defender Stanislav Manolev released". Sky Sports. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Manolev immediately away at PSV" [Manolev per direct weg bij PSV] (in Dutch). ED.nl. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Manolev finally put back to PSV" [Manolev definitief teruggezet naar Jong PSV] (in Dutch). ED.nl. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Fulham Sign Manolev". Fulham FC. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Fulham 0-1 Arsenal". BBC Sport. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "PSV defender Stanislav Manolev hopes to make loan move to Fulham permanent". Sky Sports. 26 April 2013. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Manolev Pleased To Play". Fulham FC. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Manolev signs for Kuban". Soccer News. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Stanislav Manolev became teammate Ivelin Popov in Cuba" [Станислав Манолев става съотборник на Ивелин Попов в Кубан] (in Bulgarian). Focus Sport. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Manolev plays equal to debut Kuban" [Manolev speelt gelijk bij debuut Kuban] (in Dutch). Elf Voetbal. 15 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Manolev sign with russian grand." [Изненада! Манолев изпревари Ивелин Попов и подписа с руски гранд] (in Bulgarian). Sportal. 18 June 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Italy debutant Éder thwarts Bulgaria