Stanley Aborah (footballer born 1987)
|Full name||Stanley Opoku Aborah|
|Date of birth||23 June 1987|
|Place of birth||Kumasi, Ghana|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Den Bosch (loan)||21||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Stanley Opoku Aborah (born 23 June 1987 in Kumasi, Ghana) is a Ghanaian-Belgian football player, who currently plays for Ferencvárosi TC in Hungary. He is primarily an attacking midfielder. He holds both a Ghanaian passport and a Belgian passport.
Aborah was born in Ghana and has had Belgian nationality since he was 10 years old. He had spells at R.S.C. Anderlecht, Cappellen, AA Gent and Germinal Beerschot before joining Ajax youth team in 2001. His father, Stanley Aborah, Snr, a former Ghana international, was a defensive midfielder and played at clubs including Germinal Ekeren (now Germinal Beerschot).
In the Netherlands
As a former young Ajax captain, he stepped into the senior Ajax squad in 2004–05 and made his debut on 16 October 2004, against SC Heerenveen, playing in the UEFA Champions League victory against Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC three days later.
In Belgium, Slovakia and England
On 3 January 2007, Aborah signed for Belgian Second Division side FCV Dender EH on free transfer. In the summer of 2007, Aborah signed a two year contract for his former club FC Den Bosch. In 2010, he left Bosch and joined second division Slovakian team; AS Trenčín, he then left them at the end of the season and joined Gillingham of England's Football League Two on a one-month contract in August 2010, which was subsequently extended to two months. He made his Gillingham debut in 1-0 defeat away to Bradford City on 18 September 2010, but this proved to be his only appearance for the club, as he was released from his contract on 5 October.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/08/2010 and 31/08/2010" (PDF). The Football Association. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- "UEFA Champions League Profile". uefa.com. 2005-09-14. Retrieved 2005-09-14.
- "Ajax 3-0 Maccabi Tel-Aviv". ESPNsoccernet. 2004-10-19. Retrieved 2004-10-19.
- "Ajax restore pride, hope with 3-0 win over Maccabi Tel-Aviv". ajax-usa.com. 2004-10-19. Archived from the original on 2005-03-06. Retrieved 2004-10-19.
- "Stanley Aboran loaned out to Den Bosch". ghanaweb.com. 2005-11-04. Retrieved 2005-11-04.
- "Aborah signs for the Gills". Gillingham F.C. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Gillingham release midfielder Stanley Aborah". BBC Sport. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 5 October 2010.