Stanley Fink, Baron Fink
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Fink
|Born||15 September 1957 (age 57)
|Education||Manchester Grammar School
Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
|Occupation||Hedge fund manager, philanthropist|
|Net worth||< £180 million|
|Children||Jordan, Alexander, Gabriella|
- "Stan Fink" redirects here, for American lawyer see Stanley Fink.
He served as the Chief Executive Officer of the Man Group, a hedge fund, from 2000 to 2007. He has been described as the "godfather" of the UK hedge fund industry and has been credited with building the Man Group up to its current status as a FTSE 100 company and the largest listed hedge fund company in the world.
In September 2008, he came out of retirement to act as the chief executive of International Standard Asset Management (Isam) in a partnership with Lord Levy. He serves on the Boards of Directors of Beetle Capital Partners, Earth Capital Partners, Gencore Ltd, Global Free Holdings Ltd, and Marex Group. He is also a director of Key-2 Luxury Ltd, an event management company, and is Chairman of Zenith Hygiene Group.
In 2013 Fink was featured on web reality TV show Hedge Fund Lions Den, in which Fink interviewed three Emerging Hedge Fund Managers, and allocated $25 million in investment between the three funds.
In January 2015 Lord Fink was appointed Chairman of International Standard Asset Management (ISAM).
After the resignation of Peter Cruddas over a cash-for-access controversy, Lord Fink returned to the position of treasurer of the Conservative Party. Fink previously donated £2.62m to the Conservative party. He is one of the top 20 biggest donors to the Conservative Party.
He is Chair of Governors at Burlington Danes Academy.
He serves on the Board of Trustees of the Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies.
- / UK - Preservation 'a cheap option'. Ft.com (2008-09-10). Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
- Finance and philanthropy: The acceptable face of Capitalism - Business Analysis & Features, Business. The Independent (2006-09-08). Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
- Stanley Fink: the new Tory Party treasurer, The Daily Telegraph, 16 January 2009
- London City based Financial, Business and Stock Market News. City A.M.. Retrieved on 2010-11-19.
- [dead link]
- "Official biography". House of Lords.
- New Tory Treasurer Stanley Fink plans to blow Labour out of water, The Daily Telegraph, 16 January 2009
- London Gazette no. 59677. p. 965
- "List of Chequers guests" (PDF). Conservative Home.
- FT Research: From little acorns...
- Elizabeth Rigby, Gavin Jackson, George Parker, 'Tories double number of big City donors in five years: Miliband attacks 'party of Mayfair hedge funds and Monaco tax avoiders',' The Financial Times, 5 February 2015, pp. 1; 20
- 'Educashun News', Private Eye, No. 1245 (18 Sep-1 Oct 2009), p. 15
- A large crowd raises £3.3m for Norwood's services, The Jewish Chronicle, 23 November 2010