|Born||January 19, 1931
Badulla, Sri Lanka
|Education||Nalanda College Colombo|
|Occupation||All Ceylon Cricketer|
Stanley Jayasinghe (born January 19, 1931 in Badulla) is a former Sri Lankan cricketer who played for Ceylon prior to the country being renamed Sri Lanka, and prior to them receiving either Test of ODI status. He was a right-handed batsman and part-time offbreak bowler. In his first-class cricket career which began in 1949/50 he also played cricket in England for Leicestershire. He retired in 1968/69. He was educated at Nalanda College Colombo.
Some of Stanley's notable classmates at Nalanda College were Karunaratne Abeysekera, Dr Harischandra Wijayatunga, Dr Hudson Silva, Hon. Dr Dharmasena Attygalle, Dr Henry Jayasena, Hon. Rupa Karunathilake.
Stanley captained Nalanda College first XI cricket team in 1951.
- "Henry Jayasena ‘A gifted and decent human being….’". island. 2007. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "In memory of Henry Jayasena". island. 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "Stanley Jayasinghe". cricinfo.com - Cricinfo profile. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "Reflections on Karunaratne Abeysekera". Dailynews. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Wijesekera, Bernie (2001-08-05). "Forget our differences unite for reconciliation - Kiriella". Sunday Times. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Epasinghe, Premasara (2005-10-10). "Internationally reputed cricketer". dailynews. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- Jayasena Column, Henry (2006-07-19). "Last lap in London". dailynews. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
|This biographical article related to Sri Lankan cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|