|Full name||Stanley McCormick|
|Born||5 July 1923
Oldham, Lancashire, England
|Belle Vue Rangers|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Stan 'Mac' McCormick (5 July 1923 — July 1999) born in Oldham, was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s, and '50s, and coach of the 1960s and '70s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, England and Lancashire, and at club level for Belle Vue Rangers, St. Helens, and Warrington, with whom he won the 1953–54 Challenge Cup, as a Wing, i.e. number 2 or 5. After playing he went on to become the coach for St. Helens, and later for Salford. McCormick is a St Helens RLFC Hall of Fame inductee.
Challenge Cup final appearances
McCormick played on the Wing in St. Helens' 10–15 defeat by Huddersfield in the 1952–53 Challenge Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 25 April 1953, and in Warrington's 4–4 draw with Halifax in the 1953–54 Challenge Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 1 May 1954, and the 18–4 victory in the 1953–54 Challenge Cup final replay at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Wednesday 5 May 1954 in front of a 102,569+ crowd.
Stan McCormick won caps for England while at Belle Vue Rangers in 1948 against Wales, and France, while at St. Helens in 1949 against Wales, and France, in 1951 against Wales, in 1953 against France (2 matches), and Wales, and won caps for Great Britain while at Belle Vue Rangers in 1948 against Australia (2 matches); and while at St. Helens in 1949 against Australia.
- Dooley, Dave. "Stan McCormick". Saints Heritage Society. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Sporting Digest: Rugby League". The Independent. 30 July 1999. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "St Helens Hall of Fame". saints.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "McCormick, Stan". wolvesplayers.thisiswarrington.co.uk. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- McCorquodale, London S.E (25 April 1953). The Rugby League Challenge Cup Competition - Final Tie - Huddersfield v St. Helens - Match Programme. Wembley Stadium Ltd. ISBN n/a
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Edgar, Harry (2007). Rugby League Journal Annual 2008 Page-110. Rugby League Journal Publishing. ISBN 0-9548355-3-0
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org