|Birth name||Weerasinghe Arachchilage Edward Stanley Peiris|
June 12, 1941|
Kandy, Sri Lanka
|Died||13 October 2002(aged 61)|
|Genres||Sri Lankan music|
|Occupation(s)||Saxophonist, composer, teacher|
Peiris was born in Kandy and was product of St. Anthony's College, Kandy. He learned the intricacies of music at the Kandy M.G.C. institute and later joined the Sri Lanka Navy. Later he formed his music group "Fortunes",specialising in instrumental music, an innovative idea in the Sinhala pop scene.
In his career spanning more than forty years Stanley Peiris contributed by music for more than 700 music albums and composed scores for about 6,600 songs in Sinhala Music. Some of his popular melodies include; Lata Walpola's Punsanda Eliyai, Milton Mallawarachchi's Amaran Hengum, Clarence Wijewardena's Duwa ma wage, Gration Amanda's Tharu yaye, Nirosha Wirajini's Sigiri geeyak Obe hadawathe. In 1981 he composed music for his maiden film Saranga and then followed it up with films such as Soora Saradiel and Baisikalaya. Peiris was teaching at St. Anthony's College, Kandy and famous singer Rookantha Gunathilake was one of his students. Later, Peiris formed the music band Galaxy with Rookantha Gunathilake, Mahinda Bandara and Keerthi Pasqual. Stanley Peiris helped composer Dinesh Subasinghe for his music career in the beginning in 2000.
- Sithi maa nosali,kurahan yaye -T.M.jayarathna
- Igilia yana yan,RAA tharakawo,Ranabima marune- Chandrika siriwardhana
- ,mal pokuru pokuru-victoer Rathnayake
- Kurutu Gaa gee pothe,Jesu swami daruwane,Pidena goyame,-Nanda Malini
- Hada pathule,Athithaye pawa,Sundarathwayen piri,Tharindu nagena yame,Milton malwarachi
- Asurin mideela,mage lamadha,hadawatha illa,jeewithe mage oya kiyala,sanda tharaka -Priya suriyasena
- Hathara watin kalu karagena-Sujatha athanayaka
- Hawasata paya,Tharu yaye-Greshan annanda
- Rantharu payana,sinhala raja kale,-keerthi pasquel
- suba gamanak wewa,duwa daruwo,mee kathawa manmulawa- chandraleka
- kedinada kudu hadhanata-, Manamaliya WeeNiranjala sarojini
- sili sili seethala alle,mudhu palanda- Raj senivirathna
- sandaleka, sura geeyai bilindu handai-Rookantha Gunathilaka
- Duwa maa wage- Clarance Wijewardhana
- dedhune pata patin,mama nam ahana asai nayana,dangakara oya dasa- sanath Nandasiri
- tharu arundahthi- W.D.amaradeva
- seegiri geeyak,Ranchagoda-Nirosha wirajini
- Nethin netha balala-Rohana Bogoda
- landune sonduru landune-Raju Bandara
- Ahase polowe sagare,sudu rosai muhuna bala-Jayantha Disanayaka
- mama yanam-Nelu Adhikari
- "leisure06". Infolanka.com. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "Daily Mirror Online". Archives.dailymirror.lk. 2000-10-14. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "The Sunday Leader Online". Thesundayleader.lk. 2006-01-22. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "Unforgettables | Life". Print2.dailymirror.lk. 2010-10-11. Retrieved 2012-08-28.