Stanley R. Chesler
|Stanley R. Chesler|
|Judge on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey|
December 4, 2002
|Nominated by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Anne E. Thompson|
|Magistrate Judge on the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey|
|Born||1947 (age 66–67)
Brooklyn, New York
|Alma mater||Harpur College
St. John's University School of Law
Stanley R. Chesler (born 1947, Brooklyn) is a United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey. Judge Chesler was nominated to his seat by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2002, to a seat vacated by Judge Anne E. Thompson and was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on November 14, 2002. Judge Chesler received his commission on December 4, 2002 and was sworn in thereafter.
Judge Chesler graduated from Harpur College, now Binghamton University, in 1968 and St. John's University School of Law in 1974. He was an assistant district attorney in The Bronx from 1974–80, a federal prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of New Jersey from 1980–87, and a United States Magistrate Judge in New Jersey from 1987 until his appointment as a District Judge.
The class action lawsuit settlement SULLIVAN, vs. DB Investments is being administered in Chesler's court, and as of April 8, 2013, payout of the $107 million settlement to some 500,000 claimants is pending Chesler's signature.
- "Bush nominates three judges for federal bench in New Jersey, Magistrate Kugler of Camden could fill one of five total openings. The next stop: Senate panel". The Philadelphia Inquirer. August 3, 2002. p. B02.
- https://diamondsclassaction.com/index.htm. Missing or empty
- https://diamondsclassaction.com/pdfs/447-3.pdf. Missing or empty
- http://www.mysettlementclaims.com/blog/?p=1345. Missing or empty
- Stanley R. Chesler at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.