From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up staple in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Staple may refer to:
- The Staple, in English historiography, the entire medieval system of trade and its taxation
- Staple right, a medieval right of certain German ports to require merchant vessels to unload and display their goods for sale for a certain period, often three days
- Statute of the Staple, a statute passed in 1353 by the Parliament of England
- Merchants of the Staple, an English company which controlled the export of wool to the continent during the late medieval period
- Company of Merchant Adventurers of London, brought together London's leading overseas merchants in a regulated company, in the nature of a guild
Trade technical uses
- Staple food, a (store-able) foodstuff that forms the basic constituent of a diet
- Staple (textiles), the raw material of fiber from which textiles are made
- Staple (wool), wool fibers that naturally form themselves into locks
- Staple, Kent, a village in Kent, England near Sandwich
- Staple railway station, serving the village of Staple
- Staple Fitzpaine, a village and civil parish in Somerset, England
- Staple, Nord, a commune in the Nord department in northern France
- Staple Hill (disambiguation)
- Staple Inn, a building on the south side of High Holborn in London, England
- Staple Island, a small rocky island that is one of the outer Farne Islands in Northumberland, England
- Staple Bend Tunnel, constructed between 1831 and 1834 for the Allegheny Portage Railroad about 4 miles east of Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- Stapleford (disambiguation), a number of places in the United Kingdom
- STAPLE!, a convention for creators of comics and other independent media
- Staple (band), a Christian post-hardcore band
- Staple Design, a visual communications agency
- Staple financing, describes a form of investment banks pre-arranged financing package offered to potential bidders during an acquisition
- All pages with titles containing "Staple"
- All pages beginning with "Staple"
- Staples (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Staple.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.