StarStruck (season 5)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|StarStruck (Season 5)|
StarStruck: V The Worldwide Invasion
|Presented by||Dingdong Dantes (Premiere)
Nancy Castiglione (Final Judgement)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Running time||30-60 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Original release||November 15, 2009 – February 21, 2010|
|StarStruck Ultimate Alumni's|
|The Ultimate Survivors (2003–2007)|
|Mark Herras||SS1 Ultimate Male Survivor|
|Jennylyn Mercado||SS1 Ultimate Female Survivor|
|Kurt Perez||SSK Ultimate Male Survivor|
|Sam Bumatay||SSK Ultimate Female Survivor|
|Mike Tan||SS2 Ultimate Male Survivor|
|Ryza Cenon||SS2 Ultimate Female Survivor|
|Marky Cielo†||SS3 Ultimate Male Survivor & Ultimate Sole Survivor|
|Jackie Rice||SS3 Ultimate Female Survivor|
|Aljur Abrenica||SS4 Ultimate Hunk Survivor|
|Jewel Mische||SS4 Ultimate Sweetheart Survivor|
|Mart Escudero & Kris Bernal||SS4 Ultimate Love Team Survivors|
The fifth season of StarStruck premiered on November 15, 2009. The show is hosted by Raymond Gutierrez, Carla Abellana and Dennis Trillo. Abellana replaced Jolina Magdangal for this season, while Trillo replaced Dingdong Dantes, as the latter replaced Richard Gomez, who will run as representative of the 4th district of the Province of Leyte as host of the game show Family Feud.
Lolit Solis, Iza Calzado and Floy Quintos act as the members of the StarStruck council. Sunshine Dizon was first reported to be part of the StarStruck council in the place of Iza Calzado but had to turn down the offer due to health problems. Actress Gina Alajar returned as the contestants' acting mentor.
Starstruck V had a 15-week run. It also featured a new title "Second Prince" at the Final Judgment.
This season also featured many fives: The Factor 5, The 5 Mentors, The 5 hosts (in the Final Judgment), The Final V, and a 5 million dollars worth of prizes for the ultimate survivors.
Council and Mentors
- Lolit Solis
- Iza Calzado
- Floy Quintos
- Gina Alajar — Acting mentor
- Douglas Nierras — Dance mentor
- Jai Sabas-Aracama — Singing mentor
- Barbi Chan — Grooming and Make-up mentor
- Abbygale Arrenas - de Leon — Image mentor
|Season 5 Final 14 (2009–2010)|
|Steven Silva||Ultimate Male Survivor|
|Sarah Lahbati||Ultimate Female Survivor|
|Enzo Pineda||First Prince|
|Diva Montelaba||First Princess|
|Rocco Nacino||Second Prince|
|Nina Kodaka||February 14, 2010|
|Ian Batherson||January 31, 2010|
|Rox Montealegre||January 24, 2010|
|Piero Vergara||January 10, 2010|
|Princess Snell||January 10, 2010|
|Sef Cadayona||December 27, 2009|
|Zeryl Lim||December 20, 2009|
|Rye Burgos||December 13, 2009|
|Fianca Cruz||December 6, 2009|
|Note: The First Prince and First Princess designations
were applied retroactively in 2006.
The Final 14 Survivors
- Sarah Lahbati is the youngest contestant in this year's competition, Who is 14, who hails from Switzerland, who has left everything behind to try her luck in StarStruck.
- Steven Silva was born in Oceanside, California. He auditioned in Davao City and is the oldest male contestant.
First Prince/First Princess/Second Prince
- Enzo Pineda auditioned in Makati City. His father is Manny Pacquiao's agent.
- Diva Montelaba was born as Hyacienth Diva Montelaba. She can sing and dance at the same time. The total performer of this season. Most notable fans of Diva call themselves Divaholics
- Rocco Nacino is Baguio-born as Enrico Raphael Nacino, but considers himself a Laguna-native who wants to fulfill his dreams of becoming an actor.
The Starstruck Avengers
- Nina Kodaka (eliminated 14 February 2010) is dubbed as the crowd favourite. She is the contender from Japan who has always known that she wanted to be an actress.
- Ian Batherson (eliminated 31 January 2010) is a German-born finalist who auditioned in the Philippines.
- Rox Montealegre (eliminated 24 January 2010) is taking a break in her final year in Ateneo de Manila. She excels in acting based on the record by the mentors.
- Piero Vergara (eliminated 10 January 2010) is, at 16 during the show, the youngest male contestant in the competition this year. He labels himself as a "happy-go-lucky guy".
- Princess Snell (eliminated 10 January 2010) was born as Princess Tinkerbell Cristina Marjorie Pedere Snell, whose showbiz-oriented dreams are rooted in the desire to give her family a good future She recently posed for the FHM Website in 2008, as the Ran Girl of May for the Maxim Philippines' 2009 calendar and was a member of ABS-CBN's Star Magic talent management agency.
- Sef Cadayona (eliminated 27 December 2009) was born as John Paul Joseph Cadayona. He considers dancing his primary talent.
- Zeryl Lim (eliminated 20 December 2009) is the eldest female contestant in this year's competition. She auditioned in Bahrain as part of StarStruck V's Worldwide auditions.
- Rye Burgos (eliminated 13 December 2009) is one of StarStruck V’s Worldwide auditions finalist. His biggest strength, according to him, is his acting skills. “I try my best to give my natural feelings, rather than copy them from someone else.”
- Fianca Cruz(eliminated 6 December 2009) says dancing is her passion, and it’s where she is able to show who she really is.
||This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (December 2010)|
Every week, the survivors undergo several artista tests, handled by the 5 mentors.
- Weeks 1-3 featured the top 100 up to the top 28. The Final 14 started on week 4.
- Week 4 - First acting test. The girls did a scene from Paano Ba Ang Mangarap? with its lead star and ShoutOut host Mark Herras whereas the boys did a scene from Magdusa Ka with its lead actress Katrina Halili. Later that week, they underwent a total makeover session with Barbi Chan with the help of stylists from Essensuals Toni and Guy 6750 Salon. They ended the week with their first two mall show at SM City Marikina and SM City Taytay respectively.
- Week 5 - The lucky 13 had voice test with music mentor Jai Sabas-Aracama. It was later followed by the shoot of their first music video under music video directors Treb Monteras II (Rocco, Nina, Piero, Sef and Princess), J. Pacena II (Steven, Sarah, Rox and Rye) and Genghis Jimenez (Ivan, Zeryl, Diva and Enzo). They had another mall show, this time in two Cavite malls, SM City Dasmariñas and SM City Rosario. Rocco Nacino and Sarah Lahbati got the best music video award for this artista test.
- Week 6 - The top twelve faced another mentor, this time with the dance expert Douglas Nierras. He chose 2 pairs that would have the spotlight for the Sunday Live Episode. Meanwhile, Sarah and Zeryl were not able to complete the dance workshop due to health problems thus giving them demerits. Princess also received demerits for missing a dance rehearsal. Rocco Nacino and Diva Montelaba were announced as the Best Male and Female Performers of the Week and were automatically saved from elimination. Meanwhile, Nina received a reward for winning the Facebook challenge.
- Week 7 - The remaining survivors, led by Nina, held a Christmas Party for some children of a chosen charity. They shopped for food, gifts and other things at SM City North EDSA. The survivors also had their first kiss flick (first introduced in The Next Level). Steven was paired with Nina, Rocco with Princess, Sef with Rox, Piero with Diva, while Sarah, after being chosen by Gina Alajar as the best actress in their first acting test, was paired with both Ivan and Enzo. Gina chose the pairs of Rocco & Princess and Piero & Diva as the best two pairs. The two boys will have a scene with Kris Bernal while the two girls with Aljur Abrenica. In the results night, the pairing of Rocco and Princess won the popularity vote of the studio audience for "Best Kiss", while Rocco and Diva, again, won Best Male and Female Performers respectively, thus, saving them again from elimination.
- Week 8 - The remaining survivors had a photo shoot test under guest mentor Jun de Leon. They also had to learn the steps for the dance craze of this season, "Enjoy". The scores for this week will be carried over on Week 7 since Week 6 will use "Factor 3".
- Week 9 - The survivor 10 had surprise artista tests this week. First was an acting test with Glaiza de Castro, directed by the 2009 Cannes Film Festival Best Director Brilliante Mendoza. For their singing test, they had a duet with Kyla. They also had a hosting test, with Lucy Torres-Gomez and Wilma Doesnt as their guests. The week ended with a live telecast of their first mall show for 2010 at SM City North EDSA.
- Week 10 - In preparation for a bigger acting test, the remaining survivors had an acting workshop with acting mentor Gina Alajar. For the first time, the eight remaining survivors would act altogether in one scene (entitled "Monsters") with Eula Valdez. It was directed by Maryo J. Delos Reyes and the script was written by council member Floy Quintos. Also, they had another interrogation test with the Starstruck Council. They ended the week with a mall show at SM Supercenter Valenzuela
- Week 11 - For the first time, the survivors did a music flick entitled "Team Song". In preparation for this, they had voice lessons with singing mentor Jai Sabas-Aracama. They also recorded the songs they used for the musical, wherein they were joined by season one's first princesses Yasmien Kurdi and season four avenger and Shoutout host Paulo Avelino. They ended the week with a mall show at SM City Fairview.
- Week 12 - The remaining survivors began to live under one roof starting this week, on a place called StarStruck 1110. Each week, one Survivor would act as the "House Master", this week being Steven Silva. For their acting test, they performed their "dream roles", in a test called the Dream Flicks, directed by Soxie Topacio, the director of Philippines' Oscar Entry for 2010, Ded na si Lolo. In addition to this, the Survivors acted with TV personalities who have celebrity/famous relatives. They ended the week with a mall show at SM City Manila.
- Week 13 - The survivors did a fashion show for Guess at Trinoma. Also, the remaining survivors did cameo appearances at GMA shows including The Last Prince (Steven and Rocco), Ina, Kasusuklaman Ba Kita? (Nina and Diva) and Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak (Sarah and Enzo). They also did a hosting stint for Startalk, joining the segments Da Who, Chika Picka and Up Next. They also faced their mentors and ended the week with a mall show at SM City San Lazaro.
- Week 14 - The remaining six survivors did a photoshoot for Mega Publishing Corporation's magazine, S Magazine. The pictorial appeared on the March 2010 issue of the magazine. They also faced the avenger on a special Valentine's Day date that turned out to be "Vengeance Day". Each avenger gave a black rose to a survivor they think does not deserve to earn a spot in the final five. They ended the week with a mall show at SM City Bicutan.
- Week 15 - The Final V had a chance to go back to their hometown to thank their supporters. They also guested in select GMA and QTV shows to promote the upcoming Final Judgment, such as in Unang Hirit and in Tweetbiz (for their miting de avance). They also had a motorcade at the Araneta Center and had a mini mall show at the new Ali Mall wherein they handed down some tickets to their fans for the final judgment.
The Final Judgment was held on February 21, 2010 at the Araneta Coliseum which was hosted by current hosts Raymond Gutierrez, Carla Abellana and Dennis Trillo with guest co-hosts from the first season, Dingdong Dantes and Nancy Castiglione. The council members were also present in the Final Judgment.
The opening number was attended by numerous StarStruck alumni, both winners and avengers. They were joined by this season's Final V.
The Avengers' performance came in next, in a song and dance medley detailing the journey of the Survivors from the audition process, until the introduction of the Top 20, the eight International contenders and the elimination of the nine avengers. Joining them in their song and dance medley are their mentors. Marian Rivera then joined the Avengers for a dance number.
The Final Five then performed their own numbers. Enzo came in first with his sing and dance performance to the medly of Jay Sean's Down and Do You Remember. Diva performed to Lady Gaga's Bad Romance and Alexandra Burke's Bad Boys. Steven came in next with another sing and dance medley to Iyaz's Replay and David Guetta's Sexy Chick. Sarah is the only one who sang live to Jordin Sparks' This Is My Now and Miley Cyrus' The Climb. The last performer Rocco also did a sing and dance medley to Kris Allen's Live Like We're Dying and Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment.
After the performance of the Final V, they were joined onstage by StarStruck's previous winners Mark Herras and Jennylyn Mercado of Batch 1, Mike Tan and Ryza Cenon of Batch 2, Aljur Abrenica, Kris Bernal, Mart Escudero and Jewel Mische of Batch 4. Only Jackie Rice of Batch 3 was not able to attend, while the season's ultimate male survivor Marky Cielo already died.
The Avengers once again took the stage, performing to a medley of the previous elimination night songs. Each also received a special award: Still Standing Strong Award for Nina Kodaka, Breakthrough Dance Award for Rox Montealegre, Fighting Spirit Award for Rye Burgos, Reyna ng Runway Award for Fianca Cruz, Vavavoom Award for Zeryl Lim, May Ibubuga Pa Award for Sef Cadayona, Warrior Princess Award for Princess Snell, Staying Alive Award for Ian Batherson, and Future Hitmaker Award for Piero Vergara.
Come announcement time, Sarah and Diva were up first, with Diva Montelaba proclaimed the First Princess with a score of 91.5% while Sarah Lahbati was proclaimed the Ultimate Female Survivor with a score of 94.6%. Enzo, Rocco and Steven were up next, with Rocco Nacino being declared as the first-ever Second Prince with a score of 88.3%, Enzo Pineda as the First Prince with a score of 90.2% and Steven Silva as the Ultimate Male Survivor with a score of 93.5%. The winners received PhP 1.5 million and an exclusive GMA contract with a minimum guarantee of PhP 3.5 million, summing up to a total prize of at least Php 5 million. The 3 runners-up received PhP 200,000 and an exclusive GMA contract.
|Male||Female||Challenge Winner/s||Safe||Bottom Group||Safe Last||Eliminated||Winner|
|Date: (2009–2010)||12/6||12/13||12/20||12/27||1/31||1/102||1/173||1/24||1/31||2/75||2/14||Final Judgment|
|1-2||Sarah Lahbati||Winner||Bottom 2||Ultimate Female & Male Survivors|
||First Princess & First Prince|
^1 No one was eliminated on January 3, 2010 because Factor 3 was introduced. As a result, one boy and one girl were eliminated from the competition on January 10, 2010.
^2 No bottom group was announced. Diva Montelaba together with Princess Snell and Enzo Pineda together with Piero Vergara were called for the elimination process.
^3 No one was eliminated this week because the council used their special power, Factor 2.
^4 Ian was eliminated because of Factor 1.
^5 This week is a pre-determined non-elimination week due to the introduction of Factor 5. Furthermore, no bottom group was announced.
- Final 14: Sarah Lahbati
- Final 14: Steven Silva
- Final 14: Enzo Pineda
- Final 14: Diva Montelaba
- Final 14: Rocco Nacino
- Final 14: Nina Kodaka
- Final 14: Ian Batherson
- Final 14: Rox Montealegre
- Final 14: Piero Vergara
- Final 14: Princess Snell
- Final 14: Sef Cadayona
- Final 14: Zeryl Lim
- Final 14: Rye Burgos
- Final 14: Fianca Cruz